Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File creation dialog box issues

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
nihartj
210 Views, 4 Replies

File creation dialog box issues

Recently, one of my end users has come up with an issue with the File creation dialog box in Inventor 2013.  Sporadically, it will not create certain file types when clicked (acting as if there's nothing there to click).  In addition to that, if she tries to access a different group of file types to create, they won't even show up in the first place, displaying nothing but empty rows within the dialog box.

While continuing to switch between the different groups seems to refresh the lists of file types appears to be a workaround these problems, what I want to know is what could be causing this.  We have 3 users of Autodesk Inventor 2013, and only one workstation seems to have these issues.

Thanks for any insight or advice you can provide!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: nihartj

Are the Templates in the default location?

Using Projects?

Using Vault?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
nihartj

Can't say that I've asked myself those questions.  I'll look into it to make sure if there's anything going on in those aspects.  I know that the end users have some autonomy with the templates and make updates for them over the network.

Message 4 of 5
dan_inv09

In the past month or so I've been having an issue where the file creation dialog seems to open behind the Inventor window sometimes.

It also seems to take a ridiculously long time to open - the window pops up but there is nothing there for quite a while. I always attributed this to some network/protection issues, but I just went to drag the window a little bigger and it froze up for a while, and now I try to drag it and nothing- there it goes, now it will drag okay but what was with that long pause the first time?

Message 5 of 5
dan_inv09
in reply to: dan_inv09

I just selected a different folder and it refreshed very slowly - nothing for a while then a little bit then a little bit more, then another poof then back again, then starting all over again from the "nothing for a while", like, twice (maybe because I clicked a couple of times because I wasn't sure I had gotten it the first time).

There is definitely something not right with it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report