Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File being saved in a library folder.

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
garysmith7338
2381 Views, 9 Replies

File being saved in a library folder.

I managed to change a setting to where my files are being saved in a library folderand I can't edit them. I don't wish to continue with this nonsense. I want to be able to edit the files. I am not using a vault but still get a message that the file I am trying to open is not signed out to me. How did I manage to mess my settings up this badly. I don't remember changing any of my settings. Help. Thanks Gary

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
mcgyvr
in reply to: garysmith7338

Manage your project and remove that location from the libraries section..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 10

Thanks a lot. That did the trick. Gary

Message 4 of 10
mwittendorp
in reply to: mcgyvr

Worked for me as well thank your. 

Message 5 of 10
vhoeung

can you walk me through the step to fixhing this problem?

thanks

Message 6 of 10
vhoeung

I am in desperately need help with this issue.  Can someone please help me the steps to resolved this issue?

Message 7 of 10
mcgyvr
in reply to: vhoeung

@vhoeung wrote:

I am in desperately need help with this issue.  Can someone please help me the steps to resolved this issue?

edit your project file and remove that folder from being listed in the "libraries" section of the project file. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 8 of 10
vhoeung

I should have mention I've only been using inventor since this past November.  can you elaborate the steps for me a little bit? 🙂

thanks again

Message 9 of 10
felixjames1124

I am having the issue as well.
I have went to the "library" section under edit projects, but the file folder within is red and I am unable to remove that folder from being listed.
Ideas?

May I add this started to happen when I Imported a component from Revit '13

Message 10 of 10
felixjames1124
in reply to: vhoeung

Open Inventor>Click on Projects>Select the Project Name your Project is listed under>In the bottom window, it will show "Libraries", expand that node>your Project may show in red, click on it>Than to the left it will have a subtract button or remove>Click it.

These are the steps I did to resolve my issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report