Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Control Frames

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Alan_H
4437 Views, 7 Replies

Feature Control Frames

Does anyone know of a way to do the following:

1)  Attach a feature control frame to a dimension in a drawing (idw) such that moving the dimension moves the Feature Control Frame?

2)  Create a Multi Single Segment Feature control frame utilizing the same GD&T symbol (position for example).  The default action by the feature control frame generator seems to be to create a Composite Feature control frame.  The obvious workaround would be to create 2 seperate feature control frames, but I'd like to only have to deal with positioning a single feature control frame.

Thanks, Alan

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: Alan_H

@Alan_H wrote:

Does anyone know of a way to do the following:

1)  Attach a feature control frame to a dimension in a drawing (idw) such that moving the dimension moves the Feature Control Frame?

Thanks, Alan

Just place your feature control frame and select the dimension as the location (first selection)..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 8
Alan_H
in reply to: mcgyvr

No luck.....wander if it's something added in 2011 that allows that to work.  We're still back on 2010. 

The sequence I used was:

1) Click the Feature Control Frame Button

2) Select the dimension (which actually causes a leader to start which you don't want with FCFs attached to dimensions)

3) Select the location for the feature control frame

4) Right click and continue

5) fill out the Feature Control Frame window and select OK

Moving the dimension doesn't cause the FCF to move with it.

Alan

Message 4 of 8
nmunro

You have to wander around below the dimension until you find the snap to the dimension (a green dot will appear).

https://c3mcad.com

Message 5 of 8
mcgyvr

?? works on 2011.. with and without a leader..

Are you up to date on service packs/hotfixes... maybe there was a bug

??

see attached

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 8
Alan_H
in reply to: nmunro

Found the green dot and that did the trick.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 8
Alan_H

Ok, figured out the 2nd part.  You have to create a seperate style that doesn't merge the symbols (not exactly the most straight forward method, but at least it can be done).

Alan

Message 8 of 8
RoyWickrama_RWEI
in reply to: nmunro

I struggled. But, your posting helped me to get it around. Thanks. Note: I have not worked on my drawing template yet: will do it later.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report