Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Table Editing !!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jyothissurendran
530 Views, 3 Replies

Family Table Editing !!!

Can anybody help me on this? I am trying to edit Family table as per my requirement. In the family table editor, the columns for " Sectional area, Moment of Inertia, Section modulus etc...." are available. These kind of properties have to update manually or there is any option available to generate autmatically ?

Please find the attached image for more clarity !!!

Jyothis Surendran
Autodesk Autocad 2014 & Inventor Professional Suite 2010
Windows 10
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Are you making a new entry, and therefore you need to find the values?,

Try to either consult a steel supplier's spec sheet or use the cad software to interigate the values from the geometry from inside the cad software.

Not sure exactly the question you are asking.

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Message 3 of 4
mpatchus
in reply to: Mark_Wigan

Here's a decent website for the material characteristics of pretty much any material you could want.

Mechanical, physical and environmental properties of materials

http://www.matbase.com/index.php

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 4 of 4

Thats ok, But my question is, we can find out sectional area, moment of inertia  etc by equations. Presently am using excel for calculating this equations and once i equated all,  i copy that to the family table.

yesterday i found an option, For example i considered Sectional area(pipe), Right click on header > then select colum properties> there i can able to give expressions. I did all these and after that i am getting output in family table.But i found that the column for sectional area in now on red color and once i give apply and ok.Then in content center editor window i select the specific item the values for sectional area is shown as "0".

Hopes now u got a clear picture!!!! Please find the attached images foe more details.

Jyothis Surendran
Autodesk Autocad 2014 & Inventor Professional Suite 2010
Windows 10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report