Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure to display visible pdf file

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
rjkdk
705 Views, 11 Replies

Failure to display visible pdf file

For some reason I have not been able to generate a pdf file with visible lines fro the attached file. I will be very interested to learn the solution to this.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
mcgyvr
in reply to: rjkdk

Works just fine if you print directly to a PDF printer (like acrobat distiller, cutepdf,etc...)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 12
rjkdk

Thanks for trying.  Does this mean I need to buy another program? Is there nothing in Inventor 10 that can be set up to do this task?

Message 4 of 12
blair

Not sure with Inventor10 but with Inventor 2010 you can use the Export>PDF option.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 12
Cadmanto

I know when we have had issues we use a program  called "dopdf" .

It seems to work for us.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 6 of 12
rjkdk
in reply to: Cadmanto

Oh dear Norton does not like this program so will not permit it to load!

Message 7 of 12
rjkdk
in reply to: blair

I have been using Inventor 2010 for years with no difficulty/ saving as a pdf.  This image seems to be unusual. It is an oversized drawing 34" x 214 inches intended as a full sized template.

Perhaps the size has some bearing on the failure to display lines.

The PDF preview indicates visible layers but nothing shows up on the field of the  drawing.

Message 8 of 12
blair

Try changing the options in the Export>PFD from Standard to Hi-Quality or the DPI resolution.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 9 of 12
mcgyvr

short of playing around with all the Inventor pdf export options... try this (its free)

http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 10 of 12
rjkdk

HELLO,

Have yopu tried this on the attached file. I could not get a result.

Please try your solution and tell me what happens.

Message 11 of 12
rjkdk

Have yopu tried this on the attached file. I could not get a result.

Please try your solution and tell me what happens.

Message 12 of 12
blair

Without the related IAM file and all the IPT files that are required to open the IDW file it would be a waste of time to even download the IDW and try. If you are going to send a IDW or IAM file, use the Pack-and-Go to collect all the required files.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report