Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fails to create shaft.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
cvbt-thailand
468 Views, 2 Replies

Fails to create shaft.

I cannot create even the simplest cylinder. I get this message when I click OK in the Shaft Component Generator: "Failed to update component E:\Work Files\TECH\VT1\V1-7300-A\Design Accelerator\Shaft4.ipt. Failed to create shaft." My content center is available. It has round bar in it in inches. I have red column titles in the Nominal Diameter and Length columns. The values selectable in the Shaft Component Generator are metric.
Geoffrey Wheeler
AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 SP2, IV Pro 2011 64bit SP2, stand alone, Design Review 2018, DWG True View 2018, Inventor View // Win7 Ultimate SP1
ASUS P8H61-M LE, Intel i5-3450 @ 3.10 GHz, 8GB RAM // ATI AMD Radeon HD 6600 Series, 1GB RAM
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jon.Dean
in reply to: cvbt-thailand

When you first start the Shaft Generator you see a default shaft configuration attached to your mouse pointer. If you place this on the screen and press OK. Does that work?

Jon Dean

Message 3 of 3
cvbt-thailand
in reply to: Jon.Dean

I had created my model by modifying the default shaft. My shaft then became the default (or template). This morning I went back and set the shaft_tutorial as the template. It inserted OK. Then I deleted off the sections I didn't need and inserted just a plain cylinder. That worked OK. It seems that I corrupted my model somehow the first time. Finding a solution was a little difficult. I kept searching on the error message and on collision. I couldn't find anyone who had a similar problem and I couldn't find a list of error messages with a way to interpret them. I especially couldn't find the meaning of "Check for collision" or why it might come up. Thanks for the good question.
Geoffrey Wheeler
AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 SP2, IV Pro 2011 64bit SP2, stand alone, Design Review 2018, DWG True View 2018, Inventor View // Win7 Ultimate SP1
ASUS P8H61-M LE, Intel i5-3450 @ 3.10 GHz, 8GB RAM // ATI AMD Radeon HD 6600 Series, 1GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report