Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to publish DWF file

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
greghughes
2038 Views, 6 Replies

Failed to publish DWF file

I can publish my assembly to a dwf using the express option, but can't using the the custom or complete options

I have gone into the sub assemblies and tried to publish from them - 2 of them work 2 of them give the same error message

I then went into their sub assemblies and was able to publish them (so that's 2 levels down now)

I have used rebuild all - working my way back to the top level assembly

I have some sheet metal components in the various assemblies

I was able to publish this assembly with no problems last week which makes this very frustrating - any ideas?

Cheers

Greg

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi,

Can you please provide us the screenshot of the error message and if possible your model file for further testing.

Looking forward to your reply.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 7
greghughes
in reply to: greghughes

I've attached some screen dumps of how I get the error

Cheers

Greg

Message 4 of 7

Can you do a rebuild all of the entire model and check for any errors before doing a publish to DWF. Sometimes this can cause such error messages. If you still can't publish to DWF, can you able to send me the sample dataset for further testing at my end.

Also do let me know the release version of your inventor and the current service pack level you are with Inventor.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 5 of 7
greghughes

I have already tried rebuild all

I am running v2011 with SP1

I am unable to send you the assembly due to the sensitive nature of the project

Cheers

Greg

Message 6 of 7

Hi Greg,

I do understand your concerns. You could try uninstalling the current DWG true view on your machine and reinstall it as it carries the translator for such translations.

Here is another solution suggested in the forum,

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Failed-to-publish-DWF-file/td-p/1242635

Unfortunately without knowing the details of the error or testing a sample dataset, its hard for me to give a definitive solution on this problem.

However can you also confirm me on the current service pack level you are with the product. I will keep you posted, if i find anything new.

If you want to share the dataset through a secured connection, I could arrange an FTP access for you to upload the dataset. Please do let me know.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 7 of 7
greghughes

I have already tried what was suggested in that link

Uninstalling dwg true view seems to have fixed the problem

Cheers

Greg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report