Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Assets

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
travh2008
389 Views, 2 Replies

Factory Assets

Does Inventor give the ability to place default Factory Assets on a 2D factory layout? I know the Factory Design Suite has the ability to do this, but I don't need the Suite as I already own AutoCAD. All I need to be able to do is visualize a 3D factory layout such as in the following video for the Factory Design Suite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZloenPo5lU

What software will accomplish this? And again, I wouldn't need the Suite, because I don't need any other feature than to insert 3D factory assets onto a 2D layout.

Best Regards,

Travis

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
PhilSaw
in reply to: travh2008

3DS Max might be able to achieve what I think you're after (can't view youtube at work though).

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2012
Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit (Service Pack 1)
Intel(R) Core(TM i7-2600 CPU, Quadro 2000 graphics card, 8G RAM
Message 3 of 3
tanghong77
in reply to: travh2008

INV and AutoCAD in Factory Design Suite are different to what you have had in hand. They are added with extra addons with Factory Design Utilities with Assets Library with 2D/3D local Assets and Cloud Assets. And also 3D visulization layout  tools are provided in the utilties.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report