Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faces and edges in Inventor won't highlight when mouseover

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
2659 Views, 3 Replies

Faces and edges in Inventor won't highlight when mouseover

In all my assembly files, new and old, Inventor is no longer highlighting the surface or edge when I mouseover it. Previously when I moved my mouse over a surface or edge, that feature would highlight so I knew what I was clicking on when applying constraints or using the inspect tools. Now that this is no longer happening it's basically trial and error to click on the right things, which makes it very difficult.

This only seems to be affecting assembly files though, since the highlighting still works in Part files, so I may have accidentally changed a setting somewhere. Otherwise… magic. Can anyone tell me where to find the appropriate setting for this (if there is one)?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CCarreiras
in reply to: 106222

Hi!

Check the filters...

1.png

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: 106222

Hi! The option is called "Enable Prehighlight." Go to Tools -> Application Options -> Color -> check "Enable Prehighlight." Turning on this option will pre-highlight any object the mouse hovers over fitting the current filter setting. The next option "Enable Enhanced Highlighting" just makes the highlighting even more apparent instead of wireframe.

Let me know if it works for you.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 4
in reply to: johnsonshiue

That's it!! Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report