Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLEXLM

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
474 Views, 5 Replies

FLEXLM

Anyone good flexlm managers out there. Not really sure where to post this. But here goes. Is there a way to give rights to certain people over other users in the flexlm?
Or say to kick somone out if idle for more than a certain amount of time?
thanks
ji
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

2 ways I know of to limit users is through ip addresses (perhaps a virtual lan) or an options file. Many moons ago I had this setup, if I recall correctly you had an options file with include statements. FlexLM would only allow those that were listed in these statements to get a license.

I think the options file has a timeout function as well.

Go to www.macrovision.com for all the details.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Rube - The discussion group search engine provides flexibility for searching through existing message content. To search: 1. Go to http://discussion.autodesk.com/ 2. Select a product (Example: AutoCAD - and under there Network) 3. Type your keywords into the search box and click Search. I took a look using "flexlm" without the "" as a search word and got back 114 past directions on this topic. Note: You can further refine your query by selecting a specific discussion group from the dropdown provided. Your group choices will vary in the drop down, based on where you have navigated on the discussion group site. Search results are sorted by relevance (a complex query of all relevant content based on your keywords and group choices). Clicking on the message result will display the entire thread (the series of messages and replies). Clicking on the Post date will sort the results by date with most recent first. --- Anne Brown Discussion Groups Administrator Autodesk, Inc. RUBE wrote: > > Anyone good flexlm managers out there. Not really sure where to post this. But here goes. Is there a way to give rights to certain people over other users in the flexlm? (snip)
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Or look on the CD Disk2 of AIS\AIP \Bin\ACADFeui\docs\adsk_nlg.pdf Or Look here C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\Docs\FlexUser\TOC.htm "rllthomas" wrote in message news:21095871.1103060192221.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... >2 ways I know of to limit users is through ip addresses (perhaps a virtual >lan) or an options file. Many moons ago I had this setup, if I recall >correctly you had an options file with include statements. FlexLM would >only allow those that were listed in these statements to get a license. > > I think the options file has a timeout function as well. > > Go to www.macrovision.com for all the details.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks for the replys. i have read the docs but it is not clear as to which file to modify or if you actually modify one. it also has a statement about if the software (ais9) allows you to change the flex options file. no where can i find if autodesk has diabled this function or not, because i can not find the file flexlm talks about changing. oh well i guess this is one of them things that i will just have to play around with and maybe the light bulb in my head will go off.
ps ann i did a search as you suggeted before i posted orignally and none of the topics have a specific answer.
thanks
ji
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

FlexLM has these options, but they may or may not work for your particular application. It is up to the application developer to enable these options in their application. For instance, FlexLM does have the capability to revoke idle licenses, but many applications do not utilize it for one selfish reason: The more licenses in use = less licenses available = you will be buying more floating seats sooner. You will have to look at your Inventor documentation to see if the options you are interested in will work (Not the FlexLM guide because it is generic), or call AutoDesk Support. Ken "RUBE" wrote in message news:103587.1103056846536.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Anyone good flexlm managers out there. Not really sure where to post this. > But here goes. Is there a way to give rights to certain people over other > users in the flexlm? > Or say to kick somone out if idle for more than a certain amount of time? > thanks > ji >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report