Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLAT PATTERN PROBLEM

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ChristinaForest
385 Views, 3 Replies

FLAT PATTERN PROBLEM

WHEN I TRYING TO MAKE MY FLAT PATTERN, THIS MESSAGE ERROR APPEAR, ANYBODY CAN HELP ME?

I JOINT MY PART!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Firstly, when you post a part/assembly file please add in what inventor version it comes from. It just helps forum users decide whether they can help you before they go to the trouble of downloading your file.

If you move the EOP marker above Extrusion3 the flat pattern works. So I would remove Extrusion3, do an Unfold, make a sketch on the unfolded flat face, Cut it, then Refold the part and the Flat Pattern should work. I didn't actually try it but I'm pretty sure the method is correct.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Message 3 of 4

tHANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY, BUT IF I CREATE MY EXTRUSION ON FLAT PATTERN MY CURVE DONT MATCH TO MY OTHER PARTS 😞

I JOINT A PARTIAL ASSEMBLY

Message 4 of 4
Jacky-Li
in reply to: ChristinaForest

have you tried Brendan's suggestion? it is not cut on flat pattern but use unfold feature and then do the cut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report