Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEA problem again

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
373 Views, 5 Replies

FEA problem again

Hi all,

I have an assembly that I could simulate fine. But suddenly there is a problem. I did create the assembly completely from scratch again but the problem remains.

Here is the problem:

I have two rails, attachted to a number of brackets. the brackets are attached to two big side panels.

Some forces are defined on the rails. The rails will deform. The problem is that the rails seems to disconnect from the brackets as you can see in the picture below. While the contacts between rails and brackets seem to be ok !

InventorSim1.jpg

In the picture above the visibility of the sidepanels is disabled so that you can see the brackets and rails.

The Pack and Go version is attached.

I really do not understand what is going on, because I did simulate this kind of assemblies very often without having this problem.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

I noticed that your side panels is a disjointed solid body - not sure that is supported in FEA.  Have you had success on similar assemblies with disjointed solid bodies?

I think it is also advised on work that is long and thin in relative proportion to do the analysis on a smaller portion - is this possible in this case or will that change the problem too much (I haven't looked in-depth yet at your forces).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

The side panels stay nicely connected to the brackets. even when the brackets are deformed.

So I do not think that that is a problem.

The problem is that the rails is disconnected from the brackets.

But I will try an other version.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

With 'disjointed solid body' do you mean the fact that it has no constrains to connect it to other parts?

I used one template for multiple parts so it is automatically positioned correctly.

But to be sure I added some constrains. I matched the sidepanels with the brackets.

But the problem remains!

Any further ideas?

Message 5 of 6
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

With 'disjointed solid body' do you mean

You have two solid bodies in one ipt that are not connected and are not multi-body solids.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

I am unable to open the files as these are latest version whereas i have got 2010 INV.

Is it posssible for you to attach JPG file and show where you are applying forces and which face you are keeping fixed.

In your attached picture you must be looking a scaled view of the fea which shows scaled displacement but in actual it is not.

Is that you are doing or issue of problem? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report