Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended lines in drawing from custom frame generator parts

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
AdrianMarshall1946
1314 Views, 12 Replies

Extended lines in drawing from custom frame generator parts

Hi,

I have recently updated my drivers for my graphics card and lines on drawings have been doing some weird things.

The lines/edges for custom frame generator parts seem to be extending off past what the model displays. You can select these lines and switch the visibility off.

Is this happening to others?

Inventor 2012

Windows 7 64-Bit

Nvidia Quadro FX1800

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
blair
in reply to: AdrianMarshall1946

What version of drivers?

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 13

As taken from device manager.

I don't think this is authenticated by Autodesk. I got it from the Nvidia website and it says it is the latest driver.

I rolled back to the authenticated driver and that gave me funny issues again.

I think it is the custom frame generator parts. As a couple weeks ago I had opened the assembly and drawing an it was fine. But now it does this thing.

I have a nother user with the same issue on a differnet assembly using the custom frame generator parts.

Message 4 of 13
blair

That is a old driver, Autodesk certified drivers when out when Inventor quite using OpenGL. All that is now required with that number of releases of Inventor using D3D is a Microsoft certified driver.

Current Microsoft certified Nvidia driver is 273.55

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 13

Sorry i might have put you crook.

From the Nvidia control panel it says the driver version is 275.36

I downloaded it from here:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-tesla-win7-winvista-64bit-275.65-whql-driver.html

It says the release date is the 14/7/2011

Thanks for your help too Blair.

Much appreciated.

Message 6 of 13
blair

Check that the parts have "Section Participation" selected in the model browser.I have had issues trying to do secondary views from a cropped view on large models. 

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 13

That didn't seem to do anything.

It's so strange.

When Inventor creates the raster view it looks fine and then when it generates the actual view it is ok.
I don't know. Maybe it's a pitfall of the new raster view thingee in 2012.

Message 8 of 13

Hi Adrian,

Sorry to hear about your problem. I think your line extension problem could be a possible bug. The raster view is OK, but the final view is not correct?

We fixed an issue recently related to standard custom parts when instanced in assembly multiple times with varying sizes. It was a rather obscure bug. Nothing wrong with the raster view or the final view, there was a problem in the identification of standard content parts of varying sizes placed in an assembly.

I presume that this is an assembly model. As a workaround you could possibly try just opening that problematic part and doing a rebuild on it. And then switching back to assembly first (updating it) and then the drawing.

Can you also send me your model files (you can email me at: sundarsATautodeskDOTcom). I can verify to see if the problem has been fixed.

Thanks

-Shiva Sundaram

Inventor Development

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 13

Hi Sundars.

Thanks for your reply.

So that part I had extended one of the ends with the 'Lengthen/Shorten' command. I had also then used 'Trim/Extend' to a face. I removed the end treatments and then re applied them. This resolved the issue. I hope for good.

Would you still like me to send you the files? It might be quite large by the time I pack and Go it.

Thanks for your help.
And yours too Blair

Message 10 of 13

Hi Adrian,

Glad  that fixed the issue. I would still like to make sure that we have it fixed in our internal build so that when we release our next service pack you won't have to do the workaround. Can you zip it up and send me it to me?

Email me at: sundarsATautodeskDOTcom.

If the zip files exceed 8 MB, I can setup an ftp site for you. Just need your email address and full name.

Thanks

-Shiva Sundaram

Inventor Development

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 13

Hi Shiva (Sorry i got it wrong in my last reply)

I zipped the pack and go file and it is still 48.1MB

if you canset up an FTP please

adrianmATjpmarshallDOTcoDOTnz

Adrian Marshall

Thanks

Message 12 of 13

hi, how did you solve this. have same issue with inventor pro 2018-2020

Message 13 of 13
sundars
in reply to: rk996QF

Hi 

You could try opening the problem parts and rebuild them, save them and then re-update the drawing views. That should solve the issue. Another way would be to add maybe a fillet or a small feature on it. 

We would be happy to take a look at your issue. Could you send us your model files? You can email me at

sundarsATautodeskDOTcom

If nothing works, you can temporarily turn off your "Enable background computes option" in Application options drawing options. That should solve this issue for you. The downside is you cannot leverage multi-core/out-of-process computes for drawing view computes. 

Thanks

-shiva 

Shiva Sundaram
Inventor Development

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report