Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended Desktop - iPart / iAssembly dialog

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
LFMarshall
350 Views, 2 Replies

Extended Desktop - iPart / iAssembly dialog

I just flipped the locations of my monitors for use with extended desktop.  In the past I have used my Laptop to my right and my monitor on the left and used the stand alone monitor for Inventor.  We moved our office and I switched the locations (I was hoping that it would keep put my dimension dialog on the inventor monitor, but it still on the laptop no matter where I move it) so that my laptop is on the left and monitor on the right and I use Inventor on the monitor (on the right). 

It's worked well for about a week, but today I was editing an iAssembly and the dialog pops up briefly before disappearing.  I thought I would use the Alt+Spacebar and Move trick like I did with my other boxes.  However, this particular box will not come back to my screen.  I do the Alt+Spacebar and select move and I get the 4 Direction Arrow just like with other dialog boxes that move, but it never reappears.  Any suggestions for how I might get this resolved?

I've tried turning off extended desktop, didn't work.

I've tried moving inventor back to the left side (laptop side), didn't work.

thanks

Larry Marshall
Inventor 2021.2 , AutoCAD 2021, 3DS Max 2021
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: LFMarshall

See response from Matt Smith (Autodesk)

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Dual-Monitor-Issue-when-disconnected/td-p/2201559/hi...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 3
LFMarshall
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thanks, that seemed to do the trick.

From Matt: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion12.0\System\Preferences\Dialog

Inventor 2010: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion14.0\System\Preferences\Dialog

Larry Marshall
Inventor 2021.2 , AutoCAD 2021, 3DS Max 2021

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report