Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting a flat pattern to a .DXF File

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1353 Views, 3 Replies

Exporting a flat pattern to a .DXF File

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to turn off the visibility of centerpoints before exporting a flat pattern to a .DXF Cad File.  

Right now, I create the flat pattern - Save Copy As - DXF File.  Then I go into AutoCad and delete all the bend lines and centerpoints from the drawing.  The bend lines do not take long to take out, but the centerpoints (Especially when I have a large pattern with fillets) is killing me.  

I am using Inventor Pro 2014 and AutoCAD Mechanical 2014.  

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

You are exporting from the ipt file correct?

Did you see that you can turn layers on/off during the export stage? Right after you press save the "Flat Pattern Export Options" dialog comes up if you go to the layers tab you can modify stuff there.. You can turn off bend lines, arc centers, etc..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

Yes on the .IPT and Thank you!!!! 

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

hey if you working with a lot of flat pattern sheet metal like I do then I suggest you try dxf exporter from mgfx.co.za.

It gives you all those options you were looking for plus it can add a text file to your flat pattern with the material qty and type and thickness. it helps a lot. 

another good feature about it is that it takes your assembly and converts all the flat patterns to dxfs at once with the qty listed if you need that.

So no more save copy as. saves time and I love it

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report