Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Dimensions from Inventor 2013 to ProE/CREO

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
f_couto
578 Views, 1 Reply

Exporting Dimensions from Inventor 2013 to ProE/CREO

Hi, I was wondering if somehow Autodesk Inventor 2013 could export the sketches and dimensions of a part to ProE/CREO.  I've tried using an IGES format and exported the part from Inverntor to CREO, and I get the part with the dimensions and everything, but not the sketches or the extrusions,etc.  Just the plain part.

Also used the .g and .neu , and still nothing.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
KevinLi-Autodesk
in reply to: f_couto

Hi f_couto,

Thanks for your report.

When you export to .g or .neu format there is an option "Sketches" in Save as dialog box, please check it on then the sketches can be exported, but the Sketches here only includes curve, the dimension and constraint cannot be export, about extrusion feature lost (you should only see a base solid), this is not Inventor software specific behavior as other 3D CAD software cannot achieve this which I believe. But you can use tool "Inventor Feature Recognition" from Autodesk Lab to recognize the features, it is free and you can get installer from: http://labs.autodesk.com .

Regards,

Kevin Li

Quality Assurance Team

Autodesk, Inc.

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report