Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to DWG

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tore.marstein
599 Views, 4 Replies

Export to DWG

Hi.

I have a small issue when exporting my Inventor drawings to DWG. The occurs when exporting drawings that contain Hex Nuts and then especially DIN 934 hex nuts and DIN 439 hex nuts.

The problemis that when the nuts are in a specific orientation to the view it creates a strange spline in the dwg file.

See picture.

Inventor view.

inventorview.JPG

Autocad view

acadview.JPG

I have tried all settings i can think of and all versions of dwg and dxf and they all show this.

Can anyone tell me how to get around this apart from manually going in and editing all the dwg we generate?

We export all our drawings from Inventor after release so doing it manually is not an option. Also we use alot of these nuts and botls and on some drawings this looks horrible.

It is only when the nut is in this orientation that it happens aswell.

We have this issue with all our users.

I have included the assembly file, parts and the dwg if anyone wants to have a look and see if they can reproduce this.

We are running on Autodesk Design Suite 2013 Without being able to confirm at the moment I think this started happening when we upgraded from 2012 to 2013. I have not been able to try 2014 yet as we have not gone through with the upgrade yet.

Best Regards

Tore Marstein

Norsafe

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
yannick3
in reply to: tore.marstein

Hi
Do you use dwg for your inventor drawing or idw?
If you use dwg, open it directly with autocad and save as to the required format
Yannick Verreault
INV PRO 2015
MS Office 2007
Win 7 pro, core i7 950, asus P6T WS
nvidia Gforce GTX 295
WD caviar black 500Go
WD caviar black 1To

Message 3 of 5
tore.marstein
in reply to: yannick3

Hi.

Thank you for your reply Smiley Happy

We are using .idw for our drawings in Inventor, but i tested this and the problem still exists, but not as bad as the original problem.

Message 4 of 5
rhasell
in reply to: tore.marstein

Hi there

Follow this fix:

http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2013/01/lines-in-the-view-are-stretched-after-conv...

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 5 of 5

Hi.

Thank you. This worked Smiley LOL

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report