Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export text parameters of assembly into ipt (drawing)

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
WernerBeek
679 Views, 4 Replies

Export text parameters of assembly into ipt (drawing)

Deal All,

I have created an assembly containing several parts. I want to export several  text parameters of the assembly and parts into the iproperties of the corresponding idw so that I can use them in a text block. Does anyone know how to makes this possible?

Thanking you in advance,

Werner 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mrattray
in reply to: WernerBeek

What version? I'll assume 2013.

In a text note or in the title block?

If you need it in the titleblock you'll have to use an iLogic script to do this. (A very very simple one)

If you need it in a text note you can reference parameters directly in the text editor.

Capture4.JPG

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 3 of 5
WernerBeek
in reply to: mrattray

Dear Mike, 

Thank you for your reply. I am working with inventor 2012. 

This is exactly what I want, use the parameter into a text box. I do not know how to link the text parameter of an assembly or part with the ipt. Hope you can help me. With your solution you can not choose text paremeters.

Message 4 of 5
mrattray
in reply to: WernerBeek

I belive linking text parameters in a drawing file is a new feature of 2013.

Unless you want to upgrade, you'll have to use iLogic to filter through an iPoperty. Here's a snippet that will do so. You'll then simply insert the iProperty from the drawing into your text note.

iProperties.Value("Custom", "PropertyName") = Parameter("yourPart.ipt.yourParameter")

Edit: This is a great example of why you should always include your version of Inventor with your original question.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 5
WernerBeek
in reply to: mrattray

Thanks a lot, that was the solution that I was looking for.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report