Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export of Sub Assemblies COG to Excel

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Bogdan_Yevchuk
959 Views, 5 Replies

Export of Sub Assemblies COG to Excel

Hi!

I have  assembly with over 100 sub assemblies. I need to export the COG for each sub assembly to excel. The COG must be in relation to the parent assembly's origin point.

I can get coordinates manualy (right click on sub assembly - iProperties-Phisical), but it is take a lots of time. Any idea how to make it easy!

Thanks for your time

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2013
Windows 7 64-bit
Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Please try the attached rule, and create one excel file and reset the location of excel in code before running the code.

Hope it helpful for you!

Thanks,
River

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com
Message 3 of 6

Thanks a lot for your reply! I am not so good in programing, but all the time I get an error massage -

"Uspesifisert feil (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004005 (E_FAIL))"

And what I have to say - that in excel file after I run the rule saved columns names.

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2013
Windows 7 64-bit
Message 4 of 6

It really works fine for me! Could you send me the dataset @ river-yijiang.cai@autodesk.com? That I could use the dataset to investigate this issue.

Thanks,
River

Thanks,
River Cai

Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 6
mwouters
in reply to: Yijiang.Cai

Hi yiiang, I have almost the same problem. This time I'm not interested in the COG's of the subasseblies, but of the parts which are in an assembly. The COG must be in relation to the parent assembly's origin point. I've tried to modify your added rule. But I'm really not into the programming. Could you please help me!. Thank you in advance.
Tags (1)
Message 6 of 6

Before adding the attached rule in iLogic, please create one excel file for COG like "D:\bb.xlsx".

Copy and paste the attached rule in iLogic, and please update the location of excel file in code line.

Run the rule, and it should work fine.

Thanks,
River Cai

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report