I have a working simulation from which I want to export the dynamic forces to analyze the supporting frame. I get the message attached stating that the sub assembly needs to be flexible. This is a sub assembly made up of parts, and I have tried setting it to flexible, but I get the same message.
What am I missing here?
Can you attach the assembly here?
I suspect that you are including a significant amount of geometry in the simulation that doesn't have anything to do with the target information.
Can you not simplify?
I did not get the Export to FEA to work, and I remodeled the assemblies as parts to try to eliminate the problem. Now I have another recurring problem: "Please check joints' nature and geometry". Maybe someone else can help me identify the problem. This simulation is driven by the profiles on the two upper joints. There is a joint on the lower pusher face that applies a force to the face of the pusher.
I appreciate any help with this. The dynamic simulation tool has proven to be quite painful to work with, and unfortunately our local Autodesk supplier knows nothing about it.
The assembly is on WeTransfer:
Suppress the Flush:135 under Planar:14. Run the Simulation.
The whole mechanism turns 180 degrees.
Change the Imposed Motionositon in Revolution:11. Select Y1 with your Roght Mouse Button and select Initial Position. Same for Y2.
Repeat teh same stepr for Revolution:4.
Your simulation will run, but you still have to figure out the imposed motions in both revolutions. I think you are trying to make a motion that is reality impossible to make.
For anyone interested -
I haven't had my students take a look at this yet, but here are the files.
Maybe something to consider.
Get rid of the Imposed motion in both Revolutions 11 and 4.
Add a Spatial Joint between the paddle and the frame.
Describe the motion in de Spatial Joint using the positions X,Y,Z directions.
A spatial joint does in fact work. In fact a spatial joint was used to create the original motion. The output data from the revolving joints was then saved, and was imported back in as an imposed motion curve (inverse kinematics) I did have this working at one point.
It is important for this analysis to impose the motion at the revolving axis, since the forces and moments we need to look at are what is generated by the motors and gearboxes at these joints. I did get a nice plot of this data when it was working, but now I need to review the supporting structure with FEA.
First I was not able to export my results to FEA, and now I also cannot get the simulation functional again. I will probably go back to an older version of the simulation that was functional and retrieve the forces manually to run the FEA. The vague errors and lack of troubleshooting tools has been a disappointment. There is definite opportunity to improve this tool.