Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Parasolid Binary File version 25 problem

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
smallik
1213 Views, 2 Replies

Export Parasolid Binary File version 25 problem

Hi All,

I've been using 3D PDF Converter to convert my inventor models which have been saved by way of Export - CAD Format - Parasolid Binary Files.  The default version is 25.  You would think that this new version would be new and improved.  However, it does not work.  Anyone have similar results?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
KevinLi-Autodesk
in reply to: smallik

Hi smallik,

Thanks for the posting !

I don't know the version of your 3D PDF Converter and I suppose it is 3.4 version, if that is case, this version can only support Parasolid Binary or Text to v23, that's why it does not work. Refer to detail information via link http://wenku.baidu.com/view/8e7ccb9e51e79b8968022614.html 

So 3D PDF Converter needs to update their release to support to convert Parasolid Binary or Text to v25.

For the workaround I think you can export your Inventor model to Parasolid Binary or Text to v23 then use 3D PDF Converter to convert.

Regards,

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 3 of 3
smallik
in reply to: KevinLi-Autodesk

Kevin,

Thanks for explaining the dynamics at work here.  I'll bring this matter up with the folks at Tetra4D, makers of 3D PDF Converter, and see if they're interested in working with Parasolid Binary version 25.

Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report