Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exploded view .ipn

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
scoopthepoop2000
274 Views, 2 Replies

Exploded view .ipn

I am using IV2010. I have made an exploded view in a .ipn. I need to add some more bolts that already exist in the .ipn. The ones that are currently in their have been tweaked to the desired location. When I add more bolts the .ipn files puts the new bolts in a default location. What is the quick and easy way to move the new bolts so that they are tweaked in the same way the first ones are? As I see it now I either have to erase the tweaks from th first ones and move them tweak them together or find the tweak values and apply them to the new ones. Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: scoopthepoop2000

Look in your browser at the bolts that have been tweeked. Expand the bolt in the browser and it should have all the tweeks associated with it and the numerical value of the tweek. Now go to the new bolts and when you go to tweek them, insert the numerical value you need in the proper field in the tweek dialogue box. Hope I understood your issue correctly and this helps.
Message 3 of 3
DewayneH
in reply to: scoopthepoop2000

In the tweak view scoll down in the browser to the assembly. Find the part, parts or sub-assembly you wish to tweak, right click and select copy. You can then scroll up in the browser and find the "Translate" or tweak that corresponds to the parts you have already tweaked, right click and select paste. If you have more than one tweak on a component you are trying to match you will need to paste in every "Translate" that the component participates.
Dewayne
Inventor Pro 2023
Vault Pro 2023

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report