Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with tube & pipe runs?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
hheng1111
576 Views, 6 Replies

Error with tube & pipe runs?

I noticed in the tree of my tube and pipe runs, two of the run names are red. All others are black. Is this indicating an error in these runs? I'm not getting any error messages and everything seems to run fine. I'm just curious I guess. I've attached a picture of the tree. Thanks in advance for your help.

Windows 7 64-bit
Inventor Pro 2015
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: hheng1111

I have seen this many times over the years, and I frankly don't know what it means.  I used to believe it meant SOMETHING needed fixing.  Maybe the route is underconstrained, or ... something!  Most attempts to get rid of it usually made things worse, so I've taken the old "if it ain't broke..." approach.

I would love it, however, if someone form Adesk would give us thier insight on what the red route really means.

Message 3 of 7
Cadmanto

I would think the same thing as well, but with that said, I usually see error symbols in front of the run as well along with a constant reminder that this needed to be fixed.  If all of your runs look fins and you are not getting these error messages, then I would not worry about it.  Smiley Happy

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 7
bob_holland

The red pipe runs indicate that you have a missing style.

It might be missing the custom styles or custom XML information.

Does that help you get started?

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 5 of 7
hheng1111
in reply to: bob_holland

@bob.holland wrote:

The red pipe runs indicate that you have a missing style.

It might be missing the custom styles or custom XML information.

Does that help you get started?

I'm not too sure about the styles. I don't change any of those settings when I make runs. Most of the runs will be fine, but a few will end up being red without me doing anything different.

Windows 7 64-bit
Inventor Pro 2015
Message 6 of 7
cbenner

How can the pipe route even get created or populated if the style is missing?  It seems the entire thing would error out and go blank.  These red routes that we are seeing work just fine and dandy... they're just red.  And the next route in the same run, using the same style... might be normal black color.  It seems random.

Message 7 of 7
Cadmanto

Bob,

I am not sure how that makes sense.  But with that said, I do believe that I have encountered creating a new styles in the pipe runs and the runs did stick while the style was lost.  I am not understanding this and don't get it, but it almost appears as if this is a glitch in the software if this is the case.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report