Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while updating component

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ebuckner
724 Views, 4 Replies

Error while updating component

Trying to update a component within a large assembly two of my users receive the following error....

Autodesk Inventor - Update Component

! Attempt to make a persistent change to a segment that is not ready yet

Anyone got any info on what this means? The change is rejected and the assembly is unusable.

Thanks,

Inventor 2012 Pro 64bit Vault 2012 Pro Admin Windows 7 Pro 64bit Quad Core processor 2.26 Ghz 16 GB DDR3 RAM 1.5 GB Nvidia Quadro FX 4800 2 – 320 GB SATA drives

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

Segment errors are usually an issue with the corruption at the file level. This can occur due to following reasons.

From the Tools menu, perform a Rebuild all if you can open the part files and after that to open the assembly. You could also try to rebuild the entire model through task scheduler. Of the possible causes that we've seen in the past are:

1. Insufficient disk space, in which case Inventor would've crashed while saving.
2. Broken network/disk connection in the middle of the save.
3. Any other crashes in the middle of the save.

One way to avoid this problem is to copy the files locally before working on them then uploading them back to a server to ensure files don't become corrupted.File corruption can occur from loss of data due to network connectivity.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 5

Per our PM exchange. I was able to resolve the issue buy tracking down the corrupt component manually. Errors like this really should be re-written to indicate the source of the problem, would save hours of opening sub-assemblies and components looking for the culprit.

In this case a minor component that happened to be an iPart child was corrupt, it was burried 3 sub-assemblies down in an assembly consisting of 400 parts. the solution was to delete the existing children (after checking out from vault) and rebuilding from the factory. Item link in Vault was lost and had to be regenerated and then every BOM this item was used in had to be updated.

Message 4 of 5
tomas90
in reply to: ebuckner

i have the same problem.

I can not create any shaft because of this problem.

"Fallo al actualizar el componente C:\Users\60050677\Desktop\Limpiador\inventor1\EjeW\Design Accelerator\Eje1.ipt
Se ha producido un fallo al crear el eje"

please help me

Message 5 of 5
ebuckner
in reply to: tomas90

I've responded to your private message, let me know if the issue was solved.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report