Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when attempting to create report from simulation

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
nhahn
4785 Views, 9 Replies

Error when attempting to create report from simulation

Hello -

I just ran a simulation (a simple modal analysis) and attempted to create a report.  It ran through all the pictures and then gave the following error message in a dialog box:

"c:\program files\autodesk\inventor 2011\Design Data\Simulation\Report\Main.htm contains an incorrect path"

The only button on the dialog box is "OK" and when I press it, I don't get a report.

It does this regardless of whether I ask for an HTML or RTF report file.  I looked, and the directory & file do not exist at C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2011\  ...there is a Simulation folder but no Design Data. I tried running Inventor as Administrator and it did not create the folder.  I tried repairing the Inventor installation & that didn't work either.

I am running Inventor 2011 Pro SP1 (Build 282); Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
blair
in reply to: nhahn

Try changing the defaults in the report settings and pick a different folder. Try creating a "Temp" directory on your c:\ drive and use it.

At the bottom of your first screen for the FEA Report you can select where you want the report to be generated. The standard default is <Current path to *.iam file>. Looks like someone has changed it.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 10
nhahn

I'll double-check, but I don't think that's it, since I didn't use the default report location.  I specified several other places (i.e. My Documents), none of which worked.  The directory it's giving the error about is not where I specified the report to be created.

Is it looking for some sort of report template that wasn't installed, or has the wrong path?

Message 4 of 10
blair

To me the error report is trying to save to a directory that doesn't exist. Try editing the "Locations"

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 10
henderh

Hi nhahn,

The report looks for the template in the "...\Design Data\Simulation\Report" folder.  It looks like you're using Win7 / Vista.  For those O/S' installer places the files here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2011\Design Data

The report template files are located here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2011\Design Data\Simulation\Report

I can reproduce your issue if I change the Inventor project file's design data folder to some thing like C:\Program Files.  I'm wondering if you might have a non-default design data folder specified in your project file.

You can either change the Design Data folder in the project file back to "default" or else copy the Report Template files (with the Simualtion\Report folder structure) over to the design data location specified in your active project file.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, -Hugh

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)
Message 6 of 10
nhahn

Yes, thank you.  The files were present at the location you specified in the user directory.  We have the project design data folder pointed to a server so it's the same for all projects.  Since the Design Data folder wasn't present on the server, perhaps it defaulted to the Program Files location (though I don't understand why it didn't default to the Inventor default design data location (under Application Options > File tab), which was still pointing to the right place in my user directory.

In any case, it appears to work now, so good enough.  Thanks again Hugh.

Message 7 of 10
henderh

Excellent!  We're glad we could be of assistance.

We appreciate the follow-up.

Sincerely, -Hugh

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)
Message 8 of 10
ronald_plesh
in reply to: henderh

I know this is an old thread, but I am having this issue and I cannot find the Main.html file.  Is it possible it did not get installed?  Running 2018 Pro.

Thanks!

Message 9 of 10

@ronald_plesh

It should be located in your designated DESIGN DATA folder location for Inventor 2018.  Are you using the original out of the box design data or are you point to somewhere else?  If so did you migrate your existing design data folder to the 2018 version?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 10 of 10

@Mark.Lancaster Thanks for dusting this old thread off!

It looks like the migration to 2018 did not include most of the design data folder.  Do you know if there a big change between 2016 and 2018 as far as that goes?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report