Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error promoting components-IV 2012

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
gcross
272 Views, 2 Replies

Error promoting components-IV 2012

I often get a RSeClone Commander error when I attempt to move one or more parts or subasy' via browser from a nested subasy to the next asy or parent assembly. Anyone know why this happens & what I could do to prevent it?

Gary

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
gcross
in reply to: gcross

If I delete the constraints in the lower level then & can move the component into the next higher asy. Looks like Inventor just doesn't like certain constraining. Is there a rule of thumb for this since many times I can promote fairly easily & the contraints are preserved.

Gary

Tags (2)
Message 3 of 3
4donwan4
in reply to: gcross

These errors are not good as they are more of file corruption. The error message with RSE in it usually refers to a segmented database file with no real way to find out the cause. It could be a single part file or sub assembly.  You can try to remove files out of your workspace directory. Reopen the top level assembly, skip links, and then repeat steps to see if error occurs. I wish I could give you something better than that.

Don

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report