Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message with tube runs...

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
hheng1111
948 Views, 7 Replies

Error message with tube runs...

I get this message everytime I make a 1/4" tube run:

"Adding this segment would make the previous segment violate the Minimum Segment rule once the fittings are populated"

I've already configured the tube style and when the route is run, it matches my configuration rules. I'm not sure why I get the message if it's following the rules. I have to go back into the route sketch and lengthen the segment that's giving me a "problem" to fix it. Also it's only the 1/4" tube runs that give me issues so far. Thanks in advance for your help.

Windows 7 64-bit
Inventor Pro 2015
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Most likely has to do with the bend radius you have built into your tube style. Check the rules tab of your tube and pipe styles to see what your default radius is. If you know the bend can take place in a shorter radius change the bend radius. The reason that error existst is when there are two back to back bends that interfere with eachother because the distance inbetween is not sufficient for both bends to take place.

Message 3 of 8

You didn't set a minimum length in your 1/4" tube style that's now throughing up this error.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 8
hheng1111
in reply to: blair

That's what I don't understand. I DID set the minimum length and there are no segments that fall below that length. There is one segment that matches it exactly, but that shouldn't be giving me an error. It follows the rule.
Windows 7 64-bit
Inventor Pro 2015
Message 5 of 8
blair
in reply to: hheng1111

I would take a close look at the one length. The distance would be from inside the fitting to the other fitting hose base and not the distance from hole to the other hole.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 8
hheng1111

I was actually thinking it did have something to do with the fittings. I don't use fittings in my tube style. Instead, I place fittings before I ever run any tubing. When I create a new tube style it gives the option of placing fittings when you run the tubing, but I leave it blank so as not to use them. Even though I've opted out of using the fittings within the tubing environment, I get a message that says the segment will be too short once the fittings are placed. Is there a way to tell the program I don't want to use the fittings? The only thing I could see to do was leave the box blank. I'm thinking if I could do this, it wouldn't give me the message or error. I attached some photos of my tube style.

Windows 7 64-bit
Inventor Pro 2015
Message 7 of 8
blair
in reply to: hheng1111

I would just create a couple of styles, one with fittings and one without.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 8
hheng1111

I'm getting the same error message with fittings enabled in the style. Any other ideas?
Windows 7 64-bit
Inventor Pro 2015

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report