Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in reading RSe stream

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
amalito
59175 Views, 10 Replies

Error in reading RSe stream

Hello,

I am currently experiencing this error when basically putting an Inventor 2012 file (part or assembly) on a flash drive and then loading the file(s) onto a different computer with Inventor 2011 installed. Once in Inventor 2011 and trying to open the necessary file(s) I receive this error. Is there some difference between the 2011 and 2012 files that is causing this to happen? Or the face that I am using the student version of both?

I attached the file I am trying to open.

Thanks

Major Tool and Machine
Proposal/Design Engineer
tonymalito@gmail.com
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
blair
in reply to: amalito

Native Inventor files are not backward compatible. The only way to open IV2012 files in a IV2011 system is to export the IV2012 files to a neutral format and import them into IV2011. This will lose all model feature tree history.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 11
tnafbrat

I am getting this same error message under similar circumstances.  I copied the file to a flash drive and onto another computer, however, the original file is 2011 and the program trying to load is 2012.  Along with this, at the same time, I'm getting the message "Error Loading segment AMAPPSegment in database..."  help?

Message 4 of 11
blair

Check the directory that you have copied it to. You might not have permissions, or the directory may be a Library. When in doubt. Power down the system and do a restart.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 11
tnafbrat
in reply to: blair

I have all the appropriate accesses and in the same directory are some files that will open, some that will not, all part files and they are not library files, none of the obvious.  And, it is occurring at multiple workstations with the same files only now it just says it cant open the file and crashes Inventor.  Part files, not assemblies, simple uncomplicated small files.

Message 6 of 11
jameslenane

Ive been getting a similar issue with error in reading RSe stream,and thats just opening files,not of a flash drive,now I was running 2011 and still am,and my tutorial files vanished out of my projects box so cant open 6 months of work,this all seems to have happened since I downloaded inv 2012,strange!!! Now opening 2011 files in 2012 ,convert to step files and 2012 will open but without history tree which is a pain depending on what your doing but theirs a solution,go to autodesk labs and download feature recognition enabler and this will let you rebuild the history tree in 2012,I know some of this is of topic but some of it might help with opening older release files and reconstructing your history tree,I found this out the hard way,2012 is great but so is 2011,there is not that much difference,I do like the way it renders your part when change the visual style to realistic,thats cool but if you didnt have it ,it wouldnt be the end of the world as you can produce great renders in 2011 and its more hands on so you learn more!

Message 7 of 11
vance
in reply to: jameslenane

I have been getting the same error with an assembly file that I had recently created & had opened earlier today with no issues.  When I tried to open the same file about 30 minutes later, I received 2 error messages:

"Error in reading RSe segment streamer in [Assembly file name]

Error loading segment AmAppSegment in database [Assembly file name]"

After hunting around on the forum, I found a possible solution that involves copying & renaming the same file from the "OldVersions" folder.  I tried that, and when opening the new renamed file I received multiple "RSe segment" errors, and then Inventor unceremoniously crashed.

I'm currently using Inventor 2014, and prior to the errors I did not move the affected file from its original folder, nor am I trying to open the file on an earlier version of Inventor.  I'm able to open the individual part files that make up the assembly, and can open other .iam files from the same project with no issues.  All that being said, I'm not sure what else to do.  Hopefully someone out there has an idea or two?  Thanks!

Message 8 of 11
BrandonBG

I think the RSe stream error results from a conflict with .IPJ files. I don't have any version issues because all the active projects are using Inventor 2014. That being said, 2015 is installed (but not being used).

If you activate a project, then open a DWG, IAM, or IPT from outside the workspace of the active project, and save it, the corruption happens. Sometimes. I haven't been able to recreate this consistently.

If this is the problem, any ideas how to restore the link between the IPJ and the files?

Brandon

Inventor 2014

Message 9 of 11
lrome53
in reply to: BrandonBG

Does anyone have an answer?

Message 10 of 11
blair
in reply to: lrome53

You could have a bad or corrupt IPT or IAM sub assembly. Try a restart of your system first before opening each IPT or sub assembly IAM by itself.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 11 of 11
lrome53
in reply to: blair

Thanks. Is it safe to copy files to the cloud? (Google Drive)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report