Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Loading Update 2 for SP 1

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
ChristianAlanJamesBerg
532 Views, 8 Replies

Error Loading Update 2 for SP 1

I was just getting around to installing Update 2 for Inventor 2014 Service Pack 1 which says it is cumulative and contains update 1 as well, but when I try to install it I get an error (see attached). I know that I have installed the service pack and have the correct version of Inventor. Does it require every hotfix to be applied as well? Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Do the update 1 for SP1 first, then the update 2 for SP1.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 9

That was originally my thought but I don't even see a link to Update 1 in the Updates and Service Packs page. All that is listed for an update on SP1 is Update 2 which in its description says "this Update is cumulative and includes all changes contained in Update 1."

Message 4 of 9

lets start with the obvious first
check and make sure SP 1 is installed

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 9

I am sure that the service pack 1 was installed and checked the build on Inventor. Update 2 and 1 were grouped together in a download so I am not sure if it expects me to have update 1 already and that is the reason it will not let me apply any of the updates... Is it required to install all the hotfixes before updating? Still have not found a solution and I would really like to be able to update my Inventor...

Message 6 of 9

Check front the Start>Control Panel>Programs and Features>View installed Updates. It will show if the SP1 has been installed. You need it for the Update 2.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 9

In the installed updates under autodesk inventor professional 2014 it lists "Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014 SP1" as being installed...

Message 8 of 9

Make sure you are installing the correct version, either 32 bit or 64 bit depending on your O/S and Inventor.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 9 of 9

It was the correct version. I finally have fixed it ... had to uninstall the service pack and reinstall it. Something must have been currupted the first time I installed it becuase I used the same file to reinstall the service pack again but now it recognizes that SP1 has been installed and will let me update it. Thanks for all the suggestions, still no clue what caused it to not recognize SP1 the first time but at least now it works.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report