Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elusive final dimension

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
MariusFrost
398 Views, 1 Reply

Elusive final dimension

I'm trying to model a part (the front sight of a 1911 pistol) and I'm trying to fully constrain my initial sketch manually. I have one final dimension to place, but I can't seem to figure it out. I used the automatic dimension function to insert it, but I can't seem to duplicate it manually. If anyone could provide some insight about what I'm missing I'd really appreciate it. I've attached screenshots showing the sketch before and after the automatic dimension was inserted. It seems the same as the other two vertical dimensions I have in place. I'm using  the M1911 Redux drawings located at the following link:

http://www.m1911.org/M1911-A1_REDUX.pdf

Note, these drawings are not my intellectual property and are being used for personal reasons only.

Inventor Professional 2014
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JDMather
in reply to: MariusFrost

Do not use automatic dimension tool.

Do not repeat dimensions (use equal =, colinear or other constraints).

Do use construction lines.

Attach ipt file rather than image.

My guess

no coincident midpoint to origin, missing horizontal constraint, missing equal constraints.

Constrained sketch.PNG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report