Inventor General

Message 1 of 9 (231 Views)

Electrical Diagrams

231 Views, 8 Replies
05-23-2012 03:24 PM

Hello,

I have found the .idw interface for doing electrical diagrams extremely klunky in comparison to Autocad.  What is the recommended best way to do electrical diagrams inside of Inventor.

Thanks,

-Scott

Distinguished Contributor
Message 2 of 9 (228 Views)

Re: Electrical Diagrams

05-23-2012 04:17 PM in reply to: SuprSpidey

WHAT version of IV do you have? This is very important info when trying to answer questions.

msk

Mentor
Message 3 of 9 (226 Views)

05-23-2012 04:53 PM in reply to: SuprSpidey

Without gathering any further information, I would say that continuing to use Autocad is my recommendation for electrical drawings. 

Valued Mentor
Message 4 of 9 (218 Views)

05-23-2012 06:31 PM in reply to: msklein

Just out of curiosity - what difference the IV version does make to the OP question? Except of course - the question about IV version  jacks up the presence in the forum and propels one to a forum's stardom without much effort.

Best Regards,

Igor.

msklein wrote:

WHAT version of IV do you have? This is very important info when trying to answer questions.

msk

Web: www.meqc.com.au
*Expert Elite*
Mark_Flayler
Message 5 of 9 (210 Views)

05-23-2012 07:56 PM in reply to: SuprSpidey

Well you could infer that the user is using Inventor Professional or Routed Systems, but without stating it, you could also assume they have no idea what capabilities lie in the Routed Systems for Nailboards Views for Cable Layout.  And if they have Product Design Suite Prem or Ulitmate, then they also have the option of using AutoCAD Electrical to supplement Inventor's usage and do schematics semi-automatic created from Inventor layout or vise versa.

Mark Flayler Application Engineer - Manufacturing Solutions Division
IMAGINiT's Manufacturing Solutions Blog:
http://blogs.rand.com/manufacturing/
Distinguished Contributor
Message 6 of 9 (181 Views)

05-24-2012 06:45 AM in reply to: IgorMir

IgorMir wrote:

Just out of curiosity - what difference the IV version does make to the OP question? Except of course - the question about IV version  jacks up the presence in the forum and propels one to a forum's stardom without much effort.

Best Regards,

Igor.

how about that IV pro 2013 has autocad electrical with it. I ' m not sure about Roughted Systems.

MSK

PS

looks like i forgot they have renamed the packages again, see Mark Flayler new names.

Valued Mentor
RayFeiler
Message 7 of 9 (179 Views)

05-24-2012 06:49 AM in reply to: msklein

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=16491076

Product Design Suite Ultimate 2014 64-Bit

Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.
Message 8 of 9 (168 Views)

05-24-2012 07:31 AM in reply to: SuprSpidey

Thanks Everyone, I have Autodest Inventor Suite 2010, just the basic modeling package.

-Scott

*Expert Elite*
Mark_Flayler
Message 9 of 9 (163 Views)

05-24-2012 07:58 AM in reply to: SuprSpidey

Then yes, I agree, don't use it for schematics.

Either upgrade to use Routed Systems with Electrical or Inventor Professional.  But it also matters what type of schematics you create.  If you are doing Cable Harnesses then Inventor will be a nice choice.  If you are talking about ladder logic you can use the Electrical AutoCAD that comes in the newer Inventor Suites for free.

Mark Flayler Application Engineer - Manufacturing Solutions Division
IMAGINiT's Manufacturing Solutions Blog:
http://blogs.rand.com/manufacturing/

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube