Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical Diagrams

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
SuprSpidey
1209 Views, 8 Replies

Electrical Diagrams

Hello,

I have found the .idw interface for doing electrical diagrams extremely klunky in comparison to Autocad.  What is the recommended best way to do electrical diagrams inside of Inventor.

Thanks,

-Scott

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
msklein
in reply to: SuprSpidey

WHAT version of IV do you have? This is very important info when trying to answer questions.

msk

Message 3 of 9
RobJV

Without gathering any further information, I would say that continuing to use Autocad is my recommendation for electrical drawings. 

Message 4 of 9
IgorMir
in reply to: msklein

Just out of curiosity - what difference the IV version does make to the OP question? Except of course - the question about IV version  jacks up the presence in the forum and propels one to a forum's stardom without much effort.

Best Regards,

Igor.

@msklein wrote:

WHAT version of IV do you have? This is very important info when trying to answer questions.

msk

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 5 of 9
mflayler2

Well you could infer that the user is using Inventor Professional or Routed Systems, but without stating it, you could also assume they have no idea what capabilities lie in the Routed Systems for Nailboards Views for Cable Layout.  And if they have Product Design Suite Prem or Ulitmate, then they also have the option of using AutoCAD Electrical to supplement Inventor's usage and do schematics semi-automatic created from Inventor layout or vise versa.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 6 of 9
msklein
in reply to: IgorMir

@IgorMir wrote:

Just out of curiosity - what difference the IV version does make to the OP question? Except of course - the question about IV version  jacks up the presence in the forum and propels one to a forum's stardom without much effort.

Best Regards,

Igor.

how about that IV pro 2013 has autocad electrical with it. I ' m not sure about Roughted Systems.

MSK

PS

looks like i forgot they have renamed the packages again, see Mark Flayler new names.

Message 7 of 9
Ray_Feiler
in reply to: msklein

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=16491076

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection 2024
Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.
Message 8 of 9
SuprSpidey

Thanks Everyone, I have Autodest Inventor Suite 2010, just the basic modeling package.

-Scott

Message 9 of 9
mflayler2

Then yes, I agree, don't use it for schematics.

Either upgrade to use Routed Systems with Electrical or Inventor Professional.  But it also matters what type of schematics you create.  If you are doing Cable Harnesses then Inventor will be a nice choice.  If you are talking about ladder logic you can use the Electrical AutoCAD that comes in the newer Inventor Suites for free.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report