Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elapsed time in Inventor files

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
abekkering
1451 Views, 3 Replies

Elapsed time in Inventor files

I know there were previous discussions (2007) regarding time stamping in Inventor files.  We are now in Inventor 2013 and I have been tasked with billing time for projects.  Has there been any changes to Autodesk Inventor's inability to track time spent in files or is the answer still no?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mrattray
in reply to: abekkering

You could use some iLogic to track when the file is opened and closed using the event triggers. I'm envisioning a log of opens and closes which is then used to extrapolate time spent.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 3 of 4
blair
in reply to: abekkering

It's a tough one to track as you are not dealing with a single flat file as in Autocad. If you some up all the times for each part but then you couldn't use any stock parts or existing IPT files as it would bring in the time for those.

Your are dealing with a number of different files. All the IPT's that make up the assembly, your IAM and any IAM sub-assembles along with either a single IDW for your total project or all the individual IDW's created for the IPT's or sub-assemblies.

Best bet would be to break out the time/punch clock or employee work/log sheets.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 4

HI abekkering,

You might be able to use Excel to track your time just as effectivly:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/use-the-excel-timecard-template-for-quick-and-easy-time...

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report