Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit patterned features individually

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
JoshD818
644 Views, 10 Replies

Edit patterned features individually

I have some holes patterned around the inside of a cylinder. They are all identical in depth and can only be changed if the original is. Is there a way to individually edit the depth of each hole or in other words turn off the patterning but keep the features?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
mdavis22569
in reply to: JoshD818

Go to your browser and make the one you want to change independent ( Right click on the hole that you're looking for) .. then you can adjust it however you want, size, depth, delete whatever Mike

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
JoshD818
in reply to: mdavis22569

I right click on the hole but do not have an option to make it independent?
Message 4 of 11
Cadmanto

Josh,

What version of the software are you using?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 11
JoshD818

I am using Inventor Pro 2014. It is the student edition but that shouldnt make a difference should it?

Message 6 of 11
JDMather

There is no difference in functionality in the student license.

I have been using Inventor for several years and have no idea how to do what Michael  describes in his response.

I was hoping to learn something.

The only way I know is to Move Faces.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 7 of 11
Cadmanto

Josh,

No it doesn't make a difference in this case with the student edition.

I am not sure what Mike is talking about, because I do not see or remember seeing any such type feature.

pattern.jpg

This isn't even an assembly pattern feature.

Unfortunately the only way to do what you are describing is to not include the one you want to edit seperately in the pattern and place it independantly.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 8 of 11
Cadmanto
in reply to: JDMather

JD, Not sure what I asked that you don't understand??? All I asked is what version the OP was using.
Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 9 of 11
JDMather
in reply to: Cadmanto

@Cadmanto wrote:
JD, Not sure what I asked that you don't understand??? All I asked is what version the OP was using.

Oops, I got Josh's response mixed up with yours.
Edited my response above.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 10 of 11
JoshD818
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks guys. Just going to go ahead and do it the long way. Make a whole bunch of planes rotated about the centre of the cylinder and draw each hole separately
Message 11 of 11
Cadmanto

Sorry there sn't something better.  I would pattern what you can.

With this thread you might want to place an idea in the Inventor IdeaStation.

Then post a link to the idea of this thread and post the idea back in this thread.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report