Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit dimension window size

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
AdrianT
454 Views, 4 Replies

Edit dimension window size

Good Day,

Is there any way to set that 'edit dimension' window/box in the sketch environment so that it opens to the length of the parameter being used? All my models for our library items are entirely controlled by Excel sheets and the names of the parameters are often quite lengthy. It's very annoying to have to drag the edit dimension box wider each time and push home or end to see everything. Thanks - Adrian

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mpatchus
in reply to: AdrianT

In 2012, when the dialog box is open, right click on the box header and select "SIZE".

Dim Size.JPG

Drag the boxto the desired size.

It should remember this setting for future use.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 3 of 5
mpatchus
in reply to: mpatchus

Interesting... just did a quick test and the "size" function works for the dimension dialog box when placing dimensions, but appears to fail when editing dimensions.  Have to look at this some more.

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 4 of 5
AdrianT
in reply to: mpatchus

Yep, just did a test and when editing it doesn't remember this setting. Pity. It's incredibly frustrating... If you find a solution please do let me know, I'd really appreciate that. Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
mpatchus
in reply to: AdrianT

There was an app available a few years back for Windows which allowed you to resize "fixed" dialog boxes.  I think it was called ResizeEnable or EnableResize.  Not sure if it would work on Inventor dialog boxes, or even if it would run on Win 7, but it might be worth a shot.

Inventor 2025 Beta

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report