Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Coordinate System

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
StuartMoore
113 Views, 5 Replies

Edit Coordinate System

The attached part file has three "!" in the browser list, all claiming ot require an edit of the coordinate system. All I have done to cause this is to delete three 2mm chamfers and replace them with 2mm fillets. This problem occurrs quite frequently and I can never seem to get rid of the problem except by deleting the features and replacing them. This is a real waste of time and makes me really angry. In general I would say that the sketching and sketch modification routines in IV are the most flakey part of the software and I wish Autodesk would do something about it (perhaps they have in 8). Rant over. I would be eternally grateful if someone could tell me how to solve this problem without having to re-create the features.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: StuartMoore

Stuart, I can't post the file (Inv8), but if you redefine the sketches in question to the OD of the part, everything is fine. I think the chamfers you deleted were defining the centers of the bad sketches. "StuartMoore" wrote in message news:12805364.1080818779842.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > The attached part file has three "!" in the browser list, all claiming ot require an edit of the coordinate system. All I have done to cause this is to delete three 2mm chamfers and replace them with 2mm fillets. This problem occurrs quite frequently and I can never seem to get rid of the problem except by deleting the features and replacing them. This is a real waste of time and makes me really angry. In general I would say that the sketching and sketch modification routines in IV are the most flakey part of the software and I wish Autodesk would do something about it (perhaps they have in 8). Rant over. I would be eternally grateful if someone could tell me how to solve this problem without having to re-create the features.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

"StuartMoore" wrote in message news:12805364.1080818779842.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > The attached part file has three "!" in the browser list, all claiming ot require an edit of the coordinate system. All I have done to cause this is to delete three 2mm chamfers and replace them with 2mm fillets. This problem occurrs quite frequently and I can never seem to get rid of the problem except by deleting the features and replacing them. This is a real waste of time and makes me really angry. In general I would say that the sketching and sketch modification routines in IV are the most flakey part of the software and I wish Autodesk would do something about it (perhaps they have in 8). Rant over. I would be eternally grateful if someone could tell me how to solve this problem without having to re-create the features.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

You can redefine the sketch and then reconstrain it. That way the feature won't have to be re-made. Also if you change chamfers and fillets often then try not to use their projected edges in your sketches. Use the origin or an edge that won't be changed. Or suppress the chamfers and fillets and then create your sketches. Kathy Johnson
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Yea, what she said. Kathy would be a better teacher then me. "KJohnson" wrote in message news:406c178b$1_1@newsprd01... > You can redefine the sketch and then reconstrain it. That way the feature > won't have to be re-made. Also if you change chamfers and fillets often > then try not to use their projected edges in your sketches. Use the origin > or an edge that won't be changed. Or suppress the chamfers and fillets and > then create your sketches. > > Kathy Johnson > >
Message 6 of 6
StuartMoore

Thanks for the help. I did manage to redefine the sketches by just clicking on one of the available 'circles'. I didn't know what I was doing and IV didn't tell me what it was doing but it worked. I would be nice if IV said it wanted sketches redefined instead of 'edit sketch coordinates'.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report