Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EasyStreet Color Scheme for 2013

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
karthur1
2054 Views, 13 Replies

EasyStreet Color Scheme for 2013

Looking for the Easystreet color scheme for 2013.  I searched but could not find it here. 

Anyone?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Hi,

You mean the millenium color. I can see it on my Inventor 2013. Please see attached. Let me know, if you are looking for something other.

Looking forward to your reply.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 14

Vinod,

The Easystreet was a popular customized color scheme that has been passed around here on the forum for several years.  The Easystreet is just easier on my eyes compared to the Millenium. The part edges are different and the background is a little lighter in the Easystreet.

Here is a registery file for the Easystreet for Inventor 2012 if you are able to view it. And a couple screen shots of the same part with the two schemes.

I dont know about what everyone else runs, but all the users here prefer the Easystreet over the schemes that come with Inventor.

2012-04-30_0852.png

2012-04-30_0851.png

Message 4 of 14
mcgyvr
in reply to: karthur1

Fire up ICE (Inventor color scheme editor) and make it yourself..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 14
karthur1
in reply to: mcgyvr

So, where do I find ICE? Looked around and could not find it.

Message 6 of 14
Martin_Goodland

Public Documents-Autodesk-InventorXXXX-SDK-UserTools-ColorSchemeEditor-Bin

It runs straight from the exe file.

Regards

Martin

Inventor 2023
Message 7 of 14
stephengibson76

I believe easystreet was created by the late great Dennis Jeffery around about R10 or R11 because autodesk changed millenium into a colourscheme many users didnt like.  It was a copy of the previous millenium that he updated for each new release.  Alas he is not around to do this anymore, maybe Autodesk could add a new colour scheme called the Dennis Jeffery based on the original millenium.

This is just my understanding and may not be factually correct

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Message 8 of 14
karthur1
in reply to: stephengibson76

I "think" the easystreet color scheme was actually created by Micheal Puschner.  Dennis just put it up on his site so everyone could get it.

RIP Dennis

Message 9 of 14
mcgyvr

@karthur1 wrote:

I "think" the easystreet color scheme was actually created by Micheal Puschner.  Dennis just put it up on his site so everyone could get it.

Correct..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 10 of 14
stephengibson76
in reply to: mcgyvr

Dennis was always the first person to reply pointing me to where it was...  I trained myself to use Winter Day now because I was getting tired of installing the easystreet on every computer i used...  its ok but not a patch on the original millenium or easystreet

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Message 11 of 14
karthur1
in reply to: Martin_Goodland

Found the ICE.  Couldn't figure out how to copy the color scheme or take a color scheme from one version and get it into the current version.

Ended up just copying the .reg file and editing the first line to be "....Inventor\RegistryVersion17.0\System....".

I was trying to figure out where/how it puts the name in Inventor, but I could not find "Easystreet" on any of the keys.

I then ran the registery file and opened Inventor.  Easystreet shows up in the Tools>App options. Just through a quick look, everything seems to be right.  File is attached.

Message 12 of 14

I miss Ocean Blue that Micheal Puschner authored.

I am color blind and really struggle with colors - I don't think I could make it myself as I have a very hard time distinguishing screen colors.

TomD

Message 13 of 14
karthur1
in reply to: tom.dedrick

Tom,

Here is the Ocean Blue for 2013.  Just close Inventor and run the attached .reg file, then you should see Ocean Blue in the colors.

I just copied the 2012 Ocean Blue-MP and then edited it for 2013.

Kirk

Message 14 of 14
tom.dedrick

Thank you Kirk.

It worked and I also made a copy and changed the header to version 18 and it worked in Inventor 2014 too.

I never realized it was so simple, if only I had know sooner.

TomD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report