Inventor General

Message 1 of 3 (192 Views)

Dynamic Simulation - Trace 2D Contact

192 Views, 2 Replies
04-03-2013 09:00 AM

I am using Invertor Dynamic Simulation and I need to know the 2D contact position data to be displayed in the output grapher (i.e. the x,y,z coordinates).  Only the forces are computed in the output grapher.  I’ve tried using the “trace” feature but this will not allow me trace the 2D contact point.  It would even benefit me to know the angle of the normal force relative to the absolute frame.  Can you help me solve this issue?

Thanks,

-Joe

*Expert Elite*
Message 2 of 3 (182 Views)

Re: Dynamic Simulation - Trace 2D Contact

04-03-2013 10:21 AM in reply to: Blackmon

Show screen capture of your Trace settings.

Did you set it to both Display and Output (if you only have on default display - no values output to Output Grapher Traces).

Show Screen capture of your Output Grapher Traces>Trace>Positions

Can you attach your assembly here?

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional
Inventor Professional 2014 Edu 64-bit
http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity
http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/inventor_surface_tutorials.htm
Message 3 of 3 (170 Views)

Re: Dynamic Simulation - Trace 2D Contact

04-03-2013 02:56 PM in reply to: JDMather

Attached is a simple cam & roller assembly that I created in lieu of the actual design because it is confidential, however, the principles remain the same.  I have been able to trace other objects that have a point reference but not the 2D contact.  In the cam & roller assembly, you will visually notice the reaction force changing angle and moving based on the 2D contact point.  I would like to know what the position of the 2D contact point and/or the angle of the reaction.  I could easily calculate the angle if only I was able to access the position.  Please view the attachment.

Thanks,

-Joe

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube