Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Simulation: Novice question

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
kajobus
4516 Views, 10 Replies

Dynamic Simulation: Novice question

Novice question: I’ve done the Dynamic Simulation Tutorials http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2013/Help/0126-Tutorial126/1111-Dynamic_1111 The tutorial mentions that by enabling the Dynamic Simulation Environment, Assembly constraints are automatically converted into Joints. Also: Grounded Folder & Mobile Group folders are created where components are placed in according to their state in the simulation. The tutorial carries on by explaining how to add joints manually. But it does not mention how to move a part from the Welded folder to the Mobile folder, or how to create a Mobile folder if all components have been placed automatically in the welded folder. The way I understand is that a joint can be placed between a grounded part and a mobile part, if both parts are welded or grounded, then the joint are deactivated. So the way I understand is to first get the parts in the correct mobile or welded folders. In the *.dwf the green plates are bolted down and the yellow plate swivel with the cylinders. All parts were automatically placed in 4 different welded groups nested in Grounded folder. Any help or link to a more complete tutorial will be appreciated. Regards

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
JDMather
in reply to: kajobus

What book are you using to learn Inventor Dynamic Simulation?

I recommend you get the Wasim Younis book.

You will need to completely re-think the way you apply assembly constraints so that they result in the correct Dynamic Simulation Joints if using the Automatic conversion function.

You might be better off starting out by not using the Automatic conversion and instead creating your own DS Joints until you fully understand them.  You must understand that in the DS environment you add Degrees of Freedom while in Assembly Environment you are removing DoF.

You might be able to "unweld" components by right clicking and select Retain DoF.  It would be more helpful to attach your actual Inventor assembly here rather than a dwfx.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
kajobus

Ok, I have re assembled my parts and got the desired result. As mentioned the tutorial I used till now is http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2013/Help/0126-Tutorial126/1111-Dynamic_1111

I will have a look at the Wasim Younis book.   now I need some tips on the cylinder . . . Regards

Message 4 of 11
KyanL
in reply to: JDMather

Sorry idk how to post a new topic ...

Hi, i did a dynamic simulation on inventor 2012, (everything is fine) then i need to copy the project to make a new one but i cant figure out where to delete the simulation. That simulation is big and  i dont want to keep it with the project in future. If i dont copy the simulation it keep tellin me on assembly opening that link are broken. Basically i just want to know HOW TO DELETE A DYNAMIC SIMULATION. It seem woking with stress analysis.

Thanks KL

Message 5 of 11
blair
in reply to: KyanL

Open the Model, enter the Analysis tab for your model. The Browser Bar will now show your Simulation, RMB on the simulation and select Delete.

This will now delete the Sim link in the model.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 11
KyanL
in reply to: blair

Hi Blair, I tried what you said but it seem i dont get it or there is something mising in my model.

I openned my ASSEMBLY wich HAD BEEN COPIED 3 TIMES then i go on the RIBBON on the ENVIRONMENTS TAB, then i click DYNAMIC SIMULATION and it should open a simulation that i ALREADY did on the FIRST ORIGINAL version, but since then i modified the assembly 3 time and copy it, now under dynamic simulation in the browser bar i only see the name of the assembly, the grounded parts & the external load gravity. I click or right click everywhere and i cant find how to delete it. But when i delete the simulation folder, the next time i open the assembly it still ask me to link back all the simulation files. Those simulation files are about 700M and i dont want to keep them with the next job.

Thx for your time.

KyanL

Message 7 of 11
blair

Like this:

Capture1.JPG

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 11
KyanL

Hi Blair, I took a look at your picture and I understand that under Stress Analysis I can create a simulation and delete it by right clicking on the simulation on the browser bar. In my case i think i didnt explained it well, I did a Dynamic Simulation which is not the same button on my inventor interface, then i created a report for that Dynamic Simulation, I did reuse that assembly for another job but i still need to keep the simulation files with my assembly because when i open that assembly it keep asking me for files link resolution (those files are only simulation or report files), if i get back under Dynamic Simulation i cant find any way to unlink or delete the report/simulation, and under Stress Analysis i have no simulation at all. I think about redoing the whole assembly/parts and never touch a dynamic simulation again ...

If i cant unlink the report, ill have to keep around 700M of files for nothing on each next jobs. Now i really think its the report i want to unlink. Thanks again for your time.

Kyan

Message 9 of 11
blair

There should be a link in the main IAM browser window that if you RMB on it you can select delete/break link.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 10 of 11
KyanL

Well thx again ... I had to break links not delete a simulation, i went on the ribbon under -tool- -options- -links- and there i find all those links i had to break.

Message 11 of 11
BrianKirk
in reply to: KyanL

I'm in the same situation as KyanL.  I made an assembly, lets call it Assy-A, ran a dynamic simulation on it, then uploaded it to Vault so that I could have someone else look at it.  

Then I wanted to try something slightly different, so I did a Save As... and named the new file Assy-B.  I changed out a few components and re-ran dynamic simulation.  Now I can't upload Assy-B to Vault because it says all of the dynamic assembly filenames already exist in Vault.

I tried breaking the links, but as soon as I save the assembly, it brings them back.  The only way I can think of that I will be able to upload my assembly to Vault is if I rebuild it from scratch in a new file.  

Why does dynamic simulation not work like FEA?  In FEA, you can set up multiple scenarios and switch between them.  Dynamic simulation can't.  FEA can remove scenarios that you don't want/need anymore.  Dynamic simulation can't.

I'm starting to regret ever having clicked on that button.

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report