Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dwf viewer on terminal server

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
tegstette
1285 Views, 6 Replies

Dwf viewer on terminal server

Hi

We need to view DWF on terminal server, but Autodesk does not support this on terminal server... Have tried Trueview, Design Review,...

Are there any alternatives I can use?

Best regards
TG

Autodesk Inventor/Vault Professional 2021
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ampster402
in reply to: tegstette

Not that I've ever searched on this, but I've never seen another program that can open .dwf files other than Design Review. 

Your only option is to install local.  I doubt anyone would offer assistance on an Autodesk forum if you seek assistance with getting it to work on a terminal server.

Good Luck!

Message 3 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: ampster402

http://ketiv.com/support/tech-tips/viewing-dwf-files-in-an-internet-browser

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 7
ampster402
in reply to: mcgyvr

good catch mcgyvr!  Yes, there is the capability to open and view dwf files from Internet Explorer and that might just work for your situation.  There have been some issues getting IE setup to handle viewing dwf files, here's the Design Review forum link where you might need to go for further assistance in getting IE setup correctly to view dwf's if the info contained in the link mcgyvr provided doesn't get you going 100%

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Design-Review/bd-p/140

HTH

Message 5 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: ampster402

yeah I posted the DWFx/IE link but personally its NEVER worked for me... It seemed to only work on 25% of our computers if that.. All "supposedly" met the requirements for it to work but it just never did. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 7
tegstette
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thank you all for all your inputSmiley Happy

The dwfx/IE seem to actually works for usSmiley Happy I was really excited about this because I have been looking for a solution for a long time! So I set up in Vault that all publish options 2D and 3D for 2010-13 should be dwfx instead of dwf. But during checkin the visualization-files still comes out as dwf and not dwfx????

What can be wrong?

Best regards
TG

Message 7 of 7
tegstette
in reply to: tegstette

Seems like a restart of the server did the trick...now all is wellSmiley Happy

Thank you all for your help!

Best regards
TG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report