Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dwf preview in Windows Explorer Windows 7 64

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jerr72
4159 Views, 7 Replies

Dwf preview in Windows Explorer Windows 7 64

We can preview the DWF files in Windows Explorer with Windows XP but cannot seem to be able to with Windows 7 64.  Is there a fix somehow?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Daniela_Koloszko
in reply to: jerr72

Message 3 of 8
jerr72
in reply to: Daniela_Koloszko

I do believe I stated the problem is with Windows Explorer, not Internet Explorer.  Don't know why it works well with Windows XP and not windows 7.

Message 4 of 8
Daniela_Koloszko

It seems you mean preview the thumbnails of DWF files and not previewing the files themselfs which you can do in Internet Explorer. This is a limitation of 64 bit  machines for the time being:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-DWF-Viewer/No-DWF-thumbnails-in-Windows-Explorer-Windows-7/td...

Daniela Koloszko

Message 5 of 8
KevinLi-Autodesk

Hi jerr72,

Appreciate your post and I believe it is controlled by MS Windows because there is no Thumbnai view in Windows Explorer, suggest you to do some search in google and maybe you will get the solution from others.

I did a quick search and find a related website to discuss this problem, link is http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/zh-CN/w7itpromedia/thread/4d2fbd86-c232-4309-bd30-6d53a20... for your reference.

Regards,

Kevin Li

SQA Engineer

Autodesk, Inc.

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 6 of 8
kstate92
in reply to: KevinLi-Autodesk

@KevinLi-Autodesk wrote:

Hi jerr72,

Appreciate your post and I believe it is controlled by MS Windows because there is no Thumbnai view in Windows Explorer, suggest you to do some search in google and maybe you will get the solution from others.

I did a quick search and find a related website to discuss this problem, link is http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/zh-CN/w7itpromedia/thread/4d2fbd86-c232-4309-bd30-6d53a20... for your reference.

Regards,

Kevin Li

SQA Engineer

Autodesk, Inc.

And yet there IS a thumbnail preview for an obscure file format called dwg.  Why am I not surprised.

KState92
Inventor Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2022.0.1
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - 1903
Core i7-8700 32 GB Ram
Quadro P2000
Message 7 of 8
OKArcurrie

Are there any updates on this? I am pushing Design Review and the use of DWFs in lieu of PDFs in our office, with our Consultants, with out clients, etc.  While there are some significant benefits for us to use DWFs in lieu of PDFs, we are always going to be up against the existing operability, familiarity and marketplace power of Adobe.

This "DWF Preview / Thumbnail" issue only serves to widen the gap.

Please give this topic a high priority and fix this.

If it's "not Autodesk's problem" then I trust you are following this up with Microsoft?

Thanks

Message 8 of 8
cabecadas

Any update on this?

Is there a solution to view dwf and dwfx thumbnails on windows explorer of windows 7 64 bit?

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report