Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driving Constraints after converting from Assembly to Weldment

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
BARNUG
140 Views, 1 Reply

Driving Constraints after converting from Assembly to Weldment

Hey,

I have recently modelled an assembly that i had constrained sucessfully for animation and functional purposes. I then decided to convert to weldment inorder to include details of the weld beads between the box section assembly.

Firstly, when i drive the constraints the weld bead stays static whilst the rest of the assembly drive constraints work the same as in the assembly environment, is there a way to ensure that the weld bead serves it practical function and moves with the mated box section?

Secondly as the whole assembly consisted of 3 identical sub-assemblies i simply used the pattern component dialog to copy my primary constrained sub assembly so that each would function simultaneously. The problem being that when i done my prep and weld beads on the primary sub assembly it did not copy across with my pattern dialog. I tryed deleting the pattern dialog and re-doing it in weldment environment but still no change. Do i have to perform the same on the other two sub assemblies or is there a quicker way?

Bit of a story book there to explain two problems so hopefully no one is in sleep mode to tackle this question..... 🙂

Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: BARNUG

Try my iDrive addin available form
http://www.mcadforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3295
This will drive your constraints AND the welds.
Regards
MattH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report