Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing webbing

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
giovanni79
1545 Views, 2 Replies

Drawing webbing

I need to draw a buckle with Inventor and I would like to add a webbing threaded into it, but I have several questions:

1) How would you suggest doing so?

2) I could not find any tutorials on the subject, can you please recommend one?

3) Would it be possible to do a FEW simulation of the buckle with the webbing? I am not aware of any FEA software that can simulate fabrics/webbings, maybe there are workarounds? How about tubular and flat webbing?

Thank you for your suggestions.

Giovanni

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: giovanni79

1. Sweep or Loft.
2. Check the Knot tutorial in my signature.

3. No.

Attach your file here of what you have attempted so far.
Is this a school project?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
giovanni79
in reply to: JDMather

I looked at the tutorial: I suspected that was the solution but I was hoping there was a more flexible approach: with this method it is not so simple to model the correct length of variable width webbing we use for some products and to deal with interferences.

This is not a school project and unfortunately I cannot attach the file (at least for some times). However, here is a link to one of our current product that I would like to model in 3D: http://www.blueice.com/en/products/choucas.

There are two things I would like to improve in our current wrokflow for this cathegory of products:

1) Currently we draw the webbing in 2D and I would like know if it is worth to move it to 3D. I was wondering if this can be done with our current tools as normally this is done with Lectra, but the software is very expensive. I will need to look into more details as one of our suppliers has a copy of the software. This could allow to better analize the length of the webbing needed, the sizes, and to have better models to use for our instructions and hangtag sketches.

2) I have designed a new buckle and we did some tests on a prototype. The behavior is very difficult to predict as the webbing deforms under heavy loads and I was wondering if there was a better way to analyze and simulate it (prototypes take time and they are expensive...).

Thanks for your suggestions,

Giovanni

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report