Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing view deleted, but model reference is still there?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
SteveX82
2235 Views, 8 Replies

Drawing view deleted, but model reference is still there?

Has anybody else run into this problem before, and if so, what was your solution? Even if I delete the drawing sheet entirely, the model reference list remains unchanged.

FWIW, both the drawing and model in question contain iLogic rules. The drawing was previously used for another model, but then I deleted that model and inserted a new one. The reference to the old model still exists, which is a deal-breaker for another rule I'm trying to run.

Thanks,

Steve

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Jon.Dean
in reply to: SteveX82

If you attach the files in question, then we can have a look for you.

It is difficult to comment on something we cannot see.

Cheers

Jon.

Jon Dean

Message 3 of 9
SteveX82
in reply to: Jon.Dean

Thanks for your reply, Jon.

I've attached what *should* be a completely blank drawing, but if you go to Manage tab > Replace Model Reference, you'll see two models listed.

Message 4 of 9
Jon.Dean

Thanks for the drawing, it looks to me that there has been some corruption in the drawing. It is not something you can reproduce, so possibly something went wrong at the time the view was deleted, the reference should have been deleted at the same time.

It could have been a crash or Inventor going into a "Not Responding" phase or possible the loss of the network connection.

I think this is a one off and one we have to be aware of.

Jon

Jon Dean

Message 5 of 9
SteveX82
in reply to: Jon.Dean

Thanks for your response, Jon.

Do I have any options besides creating a new drawing from scratch? Is there any way to "purge" the references so I can keep the current drawing?

Message 6 of 9
Jon.Dean

I don't have any tools to purge the reference from the drawing, the drawing is corrupted.

Jon.

Jon Dean

Message 7 of 9
elelieveld

Here's what I just figured out that helped.

Using "replace model reference" under the Manage Tab, replace unwanted assembly files (.IAM) with the assembly file of what the drawing is for.

The box will show multiple instances of the same assembly file but it will then delete them and any associated part files from the unwanted assemblies.

Worked great for me.  I had a drawing with over 100 file references that went down to 5 references after I did this.

Message 8 of 9
razvan-campian

Boy how I'm getting tired about the shortcomings that this program has. Many little thins that should be simple and straight forward turn ot to be a never ending battle, a hunt for find walk arounds .... 

Message 9 of 9
johnsonshiue

Hi! Are you seeing a behavior similar to this thread? If yes, it could be a corruption. But, the original thread is very old. I vaguely remember it had been fixed a while back. However, your case may not be the same. The model reference should be deleted when there are no views. Please share the files in zip that can exhibit the behavior. I would like to understand it better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report