Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing shaded view too dark...

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
moretti999
5661 Views, 5 Replies

Drawing shaded view too dark...

No matter what, the shaded drawing view turns out to be much darker than the model is. It negates the purpose of the view creation. See attached.

Is there a way to get around it?

Any input is much appreciated.

AM
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
trumpy81
in reply to: moretti999

moretti999, There are no options that I'm aware of to alter the image. Generally speaking you should only use shaded view to show a realistic representation of the part and not to indicate measurements or details, use non-shaded views for that.

BTW, most of the time the Shaded View will print a little lighter than what is shown on screen, but I do agree, it is a little darker than it should be.

Regards
Andy M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors
Message 3 of 6
blair
in reply to: trumpy81

The two lights are fixed within the modeling enviroment of Inventor. Part of your problem is that you are working with the bottom side of your model. This will be darker than the top side. If you do require to use a shaded view. I would suggest then creating a new IAM and place the exiting IAM into it and change the orientation of the model  so that the bottom is now the top. Ungrounded the model and reposition it so the bottom surface is now the top. You can then place the ISO shaded view in your IDW and continue your detail view.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 6
moretti999
in reply to: trumpy81

Thank you. But you got it a tad wrong. In my model space the assembly looks lighter then in the drawing view. Hence the reason for the topic. I even created a different view representation vith three cameras one of which highlights the bottom just fine, but the drawing just ignores it. Again, I appreciate your feedback.
AM
Message 5 of 6
moretti999
in reply to: blair

Thank you for giving a valuable clue.

However, I dared to doubt you statement that the 2-light scheme is rather a fixed one.

Instead, I created the View representation and within it I edited the 2-light view so as the bottom of my assembly is lit the way I wanted.

Now, that I had this one at my disposal, I went to the drawing view and chose the newly created representation, which yielded a desired lighting effect.

The results is attached if you are interested.

Thanks again for being instrumental regarding this issue.

Regards,

AM

AM
Message 6 of 6
blair
in reply to: moretti999

I really should have clarified, the lighting within the work/modeling environment is not as flexible as within Studio.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report