Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing name does not change...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
BeKirra
357 Views, 4 Replies

Drawing name does not change...

I changed an ipt file name from "A" to "B".

I have already checked that the "Part Number" is changed to "B" both under the "Project" and "Status" tabs in the "iProperties" dialog.

I notice that the file name still is "A" shown on the top of Inventor 2014 Window when it is opened.

It is no difference if the network (or Vault server) is disconnected or not. The file is located in the local working folder - we use Vault.

Your help is much appreciated.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: BeKirra

By any chance is this part that you renamed or changed as you termed it, a part that came out of the content center?

I ask this because I have done this, and experienced this exact behavior with CC parts.  If this is the case, I never found out a way to get this to work.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 5
BeKirra
in reply to: Cadmanto

No, actually the file was created by someone else.

It is not from the content center.

I can't figure it out.

Thanks.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
Message 4 of 5
Cadmanto

Been there so I get it!!!

How did you rename it?  In windows explorer or if you have vault did you rename it in the vault?  The later would be the better option.  More thorough.

Have you tried in Inventor doing a file save as copy to see if that gives you a different result?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 5
Greatwhitenorth

Do a slow double-click on the part name at the top of the browser tree, hit the backspace button (erasing the existing name), and hit enter. This should fix it.
HTH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report