Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing files, view problems.

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
tolgacankurt
777 Views, 7 Replies

Drawing files, view problems.

Hello,

I am having an issue with drawing files. I have set views on assembly files. But on the idw file it is showing wrong views... And this is making problems when i am trying to give dimensions.  I have attached jpg files.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
blair
in reply to: tolgacankurt

Is the item orientated correct to the 3D triad icon in the corner of the modeling window?

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 8
tolgacankurt
in reply to: blair

no, it is different as seen on attached pic. How i can correct it?

Message 4 of 8
cwhetten

The orientation of drawing views has nothing to do with the view cube, so even if you change the "Front" view on your view cube, it will have no effect on how it is displayed in a drawing.  The drawing looks to the part / assembly origin planes.

In order to get your assembly to show properly in the drawing, you need to constrain it to the origin planes.  The positive Y-axis points up, and the positive X-axis points to the right when you are looking at the Front view.

Message 5 of 8
tolgacankurt
in reply to: cwhetten

Thanks for answers

Message 6 of 8
cahoe

But do you reconstraint the assembly to another origin axis?

Sorry Im new to this

Message 7 of 8
JamieVJohnson2
in reply to: cahoe

RIGHT-CLICK ON THE DRAWING SPACE, SELECT GENERAL DIMENSION TYPE - PROJECTED (VS TRUE)

jvj
Message 8 of 8
blair
in reply to: cahoe

If the model is slightly off to the base-views in the View Cube, then you would want to un-ground the model (should be only the first part placed in the IAM that is automatically grounded, unless you have grounded more yourself). You can then ground any part (face or axis) to what every Origin Plane you wish.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report