Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing dimensions deleting upon print to .pdf

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Dherben
467 Views, 6 Replies

Drawing dimensions deleting upon print to .pdf

One of the drafters I work with has been having an intermittent problem with Inventor 14 deleting dimensions and notes when he prints a .idw to a .pdf. The problem first popped up when we transitioned to 14 from 12. It only happens once out of every 2 dozen or so prints and is usually caught on the redlines, but it has been overlooked once already requiring the part to be remachined at cost to our employer. No one else in our office has had the problem and it continued to happen after a reinstall; which leads me to think it's some hardware issue.

I'm just curious if anyone else has had this happen and have found a solution beyond more stringent checking.

Included is a screenshot of his system information in case that helps at all.

Edit: We're running Synergis Adept file management software, that may be pertinent as well.

Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: Dherben

What is he using as the PDF creator? Built in Inventor? Cutepdf? Acrobat distiller?

All dimensions? or just a few?

You 100% sure he isn't just lying?   "I swear I put that dimension.. Its was there.. Inventor must have deleted it"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 7
Dherben
in reply to: mcgyvr

Printing from Inventor straight to pdf.

It's just one or two at a time, sometimes it deletes them, sometimes it moves them. The thought around the office was that he was lying about it, but I share an office with him and I've seen it happen.

Message 4 of 7
blair

Are you using the Export>PDF function?

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 7
Dherben
in reply to: blair

We've always just gone through the print selection, then selected Adobe PDF as the printer.
Message 6 of 7
blair

Using the Export function will also add "Layers" to the PDF allowing for layers such as text and dimmensions to be turned off.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 7
Dherben
in reply to: blair

Shouldn't that be a non-issue though, with the method I described?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report