Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing boarder glitch: borders resize when inserting new sheet

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
DRoam
499 Views, 6 Replies

Drawing boarder glitch: borders resize when inserting new sheet

I'm having a very frustrating glitch when working with *.idw drawings. Whenever I create a new sheet in the drawing, the boarder on several of the other sheets resizes, and which sheets resize as well as the size they change to seems completely random.

For example, I have an 8-sheet drawing. If I go to the last sheet, which is B-sized, and then RMB->New Sheet in the browser, Inventor creates the new sheet just fine. As I go back up and look at all my sheets, the boarder for sheets 1, 2 and 8 (B-size sheets) has been changed to C-sized. Sheet 3, an A-size, has its boarder as a C-size as well. Sheets 4-5 (C-sized) and 6-7 (B-sized) are just fine. I deleted the new sheet, went to sheet 5 instead, and then created the new sheet. This caused different sheets to change to different random boarder sizes. Has anyone else seen this? Is it something I should report to Autodesk? Thanks for any advise.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DRoam
in reply to: DRoam

Anyone have any ideas? This is becoming a severe issue. I can't continue going back through every sheet, changing it to an incorrect size, and changing it back again to correct the boarder every time I need to print a drawing.

Message 3 of 7
mrattray

Can you reproduce this in an empty drawing (empty as in no views, so no model files are needed) and post the idw here?

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 4 of 7
blair

Do you have a drawing file with multiple pages, were you have pages of different sizes?

example: a IDW file of 8 pages, where 3 pages are possible size A and 2 pages could be C and another 3 pages are D size.

Check to make sure you are current on all SP's

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 7
johnsonshiue

Hi! I cannot seem to reproduce it on my machine. It is possible I did not follow the steps correctly. Could you provide a drawing exhibiting the behavior? You can post it here or send it to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com).

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 7
DRoam
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Attached is a blank drawing exhibiting the behavior. You'll notice sheets 1 and 5 have improper boarder size. I'm attaching a PDF as well so you can see what it looks like for me in case it actually shows up correctly on another machine.

I'm curious to see if you see the same behavior upon creating and deleting new pages in this drawing file. I'm wondering if it's just my installation and I need to reinstall, or if my drawing template somehow became corrupt, or if my machine acutally corrupts drawings to have this error and it wil reproduce for someone else. Anyway, thanks to all for the help!

Message 7 of 7
johnsonshiue

Hi! The template alone already shows some behavior that I cannot explain. You don't have to insert a new sheet. You simply edit the border definition in Sheet1 or Sheet5 and you will see the border "resizes" itself. It seems to me the border display is out of sync with its definition. I have never seen a behavior like this. Are you able to reproduce the behavior from scratch?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report