Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing View of Representation Still Shows Assembly That I Turned Off

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Bill.Schmid
255 Views, 6 Replies

Drawing View of Representation Still Shows Assembly That I Turned Off

Trying to do two variations of an assembly using representations.  I turned sub-assemblies off in different representations by unchecking "visibility."  I can switch back and forth between representations in the assemby and the sub-assemblies go on and off, but drawing views where I've selected a given representation still show the "invisible" assemblies.

What am I doing wrong?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Bill.Schmid
in reply to: Bill.Schmid

The components that won't turn off are in a pattern.  Could that be the culprit?

Message 3 of 7
jtylerbc

In the drawing views, is the "Associative" box checked?

If not, it will not update to things that were turned on/off in the representation after the drawing view was placed.

Message 4 of 7
Bill.Schmid

Finally got it.  I just have to switch the view to some other rep, let it regen, then select the rep I want and let it regen again.  It's REALLY stupid to have to do this, but whatever.  With Inventor already beign the worlds slowest CAD program, what's another step?

Message 5 of 7
mcgyvr

Actually Bill the correct answer was "probably" given by jtylerbc.. Edit the view again and make sure the "associative" check box is selected. I bet it wasn't.  Or the other problem could have been that you are working with an iassembly as they typically require a rebuild all in the assembly to keep the drawing views in sync due to a bug in Inventor. (but I'm still betting on the associative check box as the issue)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 7
jtylerbc
in reply to: mcgyvr

I'd still lean in the direction of the Associative checkbox as well - your switching back and forth would cause it to update.  However, if that box is unchecked, it will get messed up again if you change anything else in your view reps.

Message 7 of 7
Bill.Schmid
in reply to: jtylerbc

The box was initially checked when I noticed things weren't updating.  I remember noticing because I was using two sets of views in the same drawing - top, front, side for Option A, top, front, side for Option B.  I was concerned that the box being checked was making Option B relate back to Option A and preventing it from changing.

It's nice to know what the correct functionality is though, so I can make sure it's set correctly in the future.  Thank you all for your help.  I'll mark the response mentioning the check box as the solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report