Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing View - Display Option defaults

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
63pkay
1315 Views, 9 Replies

Drawing View - Display Option defaults

I cannot find any information anywhere on whether there exists an option to save different defaults to the Place Views>Base Drawing View>Display Options tab? The parts I model always need "tangent edges" shown to look correctly on my drawings, and for 5 years I've had to manually select it every time I do a drawing. It just seems that there has GOT to be a way to get rid of this tedious step? And if there is not, can you plainly include this in the documentation so I can stop looking for such a feature?
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
matt
in reply to: 63pkay

I'm looking for exactly the same thing! Anyone know?

Message 3 of 10
gcooper79

Not sure if this would work but you could try this.

Open your template drawing file (%INSTALLDIR%\Templates\) and place a base view of a .ipt file.  edit the view and select tangent edges, click ok. Now delete the view and save the template file.

Create a new drawing and place base view, hopefully tangent edges will be ticked.

Hope this helps,

Graeme

Regards,
Graeme
Message 4 of 10
matt
in reply to: gcooper79

Thanks Graham!

Actually, I had a similar issue where I wanted to views to have a different default label - in my case the TITLE property of the part. Found nothing in the UI, so I adjusted a macro I found on the net:

'Sets the drawing label for all views
Public Sub SetAllViewCaptionsToTitle()
    Dim oDrawDoc As DrawingDocument
    Set oDrawDoc = ThisApplication.ActiveDocument
    Dim oSheet As Sheet
    Set oSheet = oDrawDoc.ActiveSheet
    Dim oView As DrawingView
    For Each oView In oSheet.DrawingViews
        If oView.ViewType = kStandardDrawingViewType Then
            oView.Label.FormattedText = "<Property Document='model' PropertySet='Summary Information' Property='Title' FormatID='{F29F85E0-4FF9-1068-AB91-08002B27B3D9}' PropertyID = '2'> TITLE</Property>"
            oView.ShowLabel = True
        End If
    Next
End Sub

cheers,

Matt

www.arden.net.au

Message 5 of 10
gcooper79
in reply to: matt

Matt,

You can actually do what you're looking for in the styles manager.  Select the standard you're using and under view preferences tab, select the pencil next to the display box.

From the Type drop-down list select Properties - Model, and from the Properties drop-down list select Title.  To insert this property select the icon which shows an X with an arrow pointing down.

Regards,
Graeme
Message 6 of 10
okaleja

I have logged your request to our database. Thanks for reporting!

Oto Kaleja
Software Engineer
Message 7 of 10
mcgyvr
in reply to: okaleja

@okaleja wrote:

I have logged your request to our database. Thanks for reporting!

That request should have already been in your database.. This is requested year after year after year.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 8 of 10
kstate92
in reply to: okaleja

How about a global toggle to turn on or off a 'Remember last settings' switch for **** near every user-selectable option such as in hole dialogs, drawing view creations...

KState92
Inventor Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2022.0.1
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - 1903
Core i7-8700 32 GB Ram
Quadro P2000
Message 9 of 10
nick.s
in reply to: mcgyvr

I'm now using 2012 and this setting/default option is still unavailable!!! How do folk get a resolution to this annoying omission?

Message 10 of 10
scottmoyse

There's an ideastation topis here for you to vote on if you are still active on the forums http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Add-the-option-of-Tangent-edges-as-default-to-app...

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report